R&N Christmas 2021

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Feels good to be back. I love doing these lists and reading everyone else’s :)

This year seems to have flown by, I have no idea what I’m getting for anyone this year and I’ve usually made a start by now but this year I haven’t got a single thing.
We are going on holiday 2nd October for two weeks so I probably won’t start til we get back, which fills me with panic!!!

Will edit thread and update lists shortly :)

Rio:
Need for speed switch game
Hot wheels switch game
Hotwheels corkscrew crash set
Hotwheels 20 car box
UNO showdown
Minecraft creeper light
Minecraft TNT light
Minecraft pig light
Minecraft light up creeper keyring
Minecraft pyjamas
Toxic waste sweet stocking
Giant sloth teddy
Guinness book of world records 2022
Ripleys believe it or not book
Walking boots
Roblox adopt me backyard bbq
Roblox advent calendar

Among us large plush (entertainer)
Among us figures
Fast & furious spy racer switch game
Animal crossing logo light (maybe)
X rocker veleno 2.1 audio gaming chair (big maybe lol)
Gaming steering wheel and pedals
Wireless headphones
Sloth hot water bottle (primark or tkmaxx)
Laptop lap pad replacement

Niko:
Super mario 3d pencil pot jigsaw
Dinosaur 100pc jigsaw and book set
Thomas minis advent calendar
Minions 3 jigsaw set
Minions tshirts x3
Minions matching game
Twister

Super Mario piranha plant escape game
Super Mario hover shell strike game
Super Mario Jenga
Super Mario Enhanced Wireless Switch Controller
Wiggly Worms Game
Spider-Man 4x 100 piece jigsaws
Mario 4x 100 piece jigsaws

Super mario bowser ship (smyths)
Super mario money box
Mario party superstars switch game
Ipad (maybe)

I’ve started to get a few bits for other people so will pop lists here too so I can keep track.

MIL - Molton brown shower gel set, 1.5l southern comfort, maybe slippers
FIL - RL socks, RL jumper, liquorice set
Sister - Stranger Things T-Shirt, Stranger Things Socks, Stationery set
Mom - Plug in wax melt warmer, Long hot water bottle
Dad - RL socks, Reed diffuser
OH - Moschino Loungewear sets x3, Slipper socks, yo sushi dip set (boots), japanese sweet box

Last edited:
Just been to menkind and picked up 14 rolls of wrapping paper (OTT I know lol)
But they were 8 metres of good quality wrap reduced from £4 a roll to £1 a roll!
If I could carry more I would have got double :haha:

That's really good. I bought a few rolls from studio and keep telling myself I don't need as much this year as I'm cutting right back but it's still hard not to buy it as it'll still be good next year!

That's really good. I bought a few rolls from studio and keep telling myself I don't need as much this year as I'm cutting right back but it's still hard not to buy it as it'll still be good next year!

Exactly!! I've got several in the loft but they can be used another year! (we all know I will buy new next year too....)

Popped into the entertainer today and got a few ideas for the kids. They have some among us merch in which Rio will like. Niko is really into jigsaw puzzles so saw a few in there that i have put on his list.
Still not planning on buying much til we are home from holiday but want my lists to be healthy so that when it comes to getting things I am organised and ready.

Adult gifts are going to be a problem this year as I have no idea for anyone. And i want to keep it simple really, with gifts that they will appreciate and use, even if they are slightly more expensive. One big money item that has a purpose is much better than lots of little ones that dont IMO - ill see how well i stick to that lol.

I'm also stumped for adults this year so hopefully we can get ideas from each other haha

We got back from our 2 week holiday to Devon at the weekend so now I can get focused on Christmas properly. Though I am still at the panic stage rather than the excited stage at the moment.
Forgot about a buy now pay later expiring on Very for an iphone so have had £1200 added to my account plus £550 interest!! So my minimum payment has gone from £30pm to £130pm which has absolutely pi**ed me off because I knew I needed to pay it off. An extra £550 on top for nothing now and the additional £100pm has come at totally the wrong time!

Anyways thats so off topic sorry lol!

We have booked a polar express train ride for 21st Dec so im super excited for that. Have a day at the garden centre planned with MIL next week (sounds so unexciting but its so festive there and we always spend a few hours browsing then get hot drinks and cakes and chat all things christmas so it feels really festive)

Desparately searching for ideas for the boys and failing miserably at the moment!!
Hope everyone is well xx

That's so frustrating about the Very payment, these things always happen at the worst possible times.

Oh no Kirsty, how annoying. I used very for emergency washing machine this year. I have one due end of January. Just double checked its in my diary for end December.

Impulse purchased a hotwheels set for Rio yesterday from amazon and now ive read the reviews they say its noisy and rubbish basically. Oh well its here now lol.

Also pre ordered Mario superstars for Niko's switch which will 100% be a hit as he is mario obsessed.

Hopefully its just a case of people being fussy. I've had things that we've had no problem with but others have given low rating

Never been so stressed about Christmas, ever.
I am so unorganised, haven’t saved any money this year whereas I usually do.
then yesterday decided to impulse order a skip to be delivered and started to strip out the dining room for redecoration. I mean who even does that close to Christmas? Never mind with no saved money to actually do it :haha:
Currently knee deep in clothes because I thought it would be a good idea to sort my wardrobe while the skip is here, who even am I? I think I’m having a midlife crisis, seriously lol.

Never been so stressed about Christmas, ever.
I am so unorganised, haven’t saved any money this year whereas I usually do.
then yesterday decided to impulse order a skip to be delivered and started to strip out the dining room for redecoration. I mean who even does that close to Christmas? Never mind with no saved money to actually do it :haha:
Currently knee deep in clothes because I thought it would be a good idea to sort my wardrobe while the skip is here, who even am I? I think I’m having a midlife crisis, seriously lol.

Nope you're not the only one. I always get impulse to decorate/sort out before Christmas. We've done living room, kitchen and bathroom (just painted mainly but I've bought new acessories) not needed expenditure when I've had to get a new boiler and haven't even started on Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"