Rafwifes' Niamh is in hospital - updated page 5

glad she's ok - thinking of you both x

OMG, just stumbled across this! I am so glad it looks like she is going to be okay.

Thinking of you RAF and Niamh! :hugs2:

Sooo gald the little lady is ok :) xxxxxxxxx

Niamh managed to get a hold of a spray bottle of something called Deep Sleep. Mixture of essential oils, main ingredient is chamomile.

I had no idea it was there, let alone that she could take off the top, then unscrew the lid :(

Was only gone for a minute to use the loo, came back and she had the straw bit of the spray in her mouth, and saw her suck all the oil out of it. Bottle was totally empty, couch wet but had no idea if she'd drunk out of the bottle as well.

Scared the life out of me, grabbed the bottle and saw it was hazardous, not to be used on skin, etc.

So rang NHS 24, and they said it was very toxic. I was sort of thinking, ok you get chamomile tea so surely not? She seemed fine, lips swollen and a bit of coughing but that was it. But nurse said take her straight to A&E apparently due to the essential oils being very dangerous.

We had to stay in A&E for 6 hours to let Nim be monitored. They spoke about getting us a paeds bed, but in the end said they would if she needed it after the 6 hours. So 6 hours was up at about 11pm. Thankfully she was still fine, and they let us go.

Niamh didn't sleep a wink at all, so she was getting really upset. She's tucked up, happy in bed now though and I have made her promise not to frighten Mummy like that again!

I just turned my back for a second, I don't think I've ever been so frightened as thinking something might happen to her. Really horrible, but thankfully amounted to nothing. Have been beating myself up over her getting a hold of it in the first place.

awww get better soon Niahm!

Just a Q... what is camomile oil?

An essential oil. It was a mixture of different ones, but I would never have known they were toxic. Although you aren't supposed to drink them to be fair!

poor niamh, i remember sitting in the hospital all day cos my little brother had drank perfume lol, babies are too handy :haha:

x

Don't beat yourself up. EVERYone does something like this at some time. It isn't on purpose or because you don't care or because you were neglectful in some way. Babies surprise us!

My mom had a similar experience with me and my sister...

For me -- I grabbed a handful of straight pins and swallowed them! :shock:
For my sis -- She grabbed a jug of dirty paint water and drank it down as she thought it looked like chocolate milk. :shock:

Both resulted in emergency rooms visits. We are both fine, just like Niamh. I dread to think what my LO will do to scare me like this, but I am sure it will be something! :argh:

oh so glad shes ok..... i once put the bleach bottle down in the bathroom lilly was at the side of me and picked it up..... i grabbed it straight away cause she would have drank it and it was open...... woooooo defo makes your heart jump out your mouth ... so glad she is ok and happy in bed xxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: Glad all is well, don't beat yourself up over it :hugs:

Glad Niamh is ok !!! What a scare.. hugs xxx

I just saw this! :(

So glad she's okay hun! I agree with Vickie, don't beat yourself up! Things happen!

:hugs:

Only just seen this and glad the update is there. Phew! Good news hun. And like the others have said, don't in any way blame yourself. These kids are little buggers and can find things to eat and drink that we didn't even realise we had in the house!!!

I only just saw this too!! So glad shes ok, don't beat yourself up it happens to us all xx

Sorry ive only just seen this, glad shes ok, hugs hun xx :hugs:

So glad to hear she is home and doing fine. I think I woulda freaked out just like you did. Like someone already said, its not your fault, these things happen. We have ALL at one point done something like this and scared our Mums poopless.

I'm glad she's ok!
Don't beat yourself up over it, it wasn't your fault and it's not like it was left there on purpose. Like the other ladies have said, LO's find a way of getting things we never thought they'd be able to! We'll all do it at some point but thankfully little Niamh's ok! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"