Rainbow baby photos

lesondemavie

Mama to 2 rainbows & 4 Angels
Reaction score
My daughter was born after two losses, and any day or week now we’re expecting a son to be born after two losses as well. I’m not very public about my journey and grief, but I decided to incorporate rainbows into our maternity photos this time. I figured some would see the rainbows and just know and others would assume I just like rainbows. I had no idea how healing it would be to share these photos during pregnancy and infant loss awareness month! To those newly expecting rainbows, take it one day at a time. Live in the now. The past has no effect on the present, and the present cannot help you predict the future. There can be such joy and happiness in small moments no matter the outcome. If this ends up being another loss, you can deal with it then. Celebrate being pregnant now for what it is, celebrate good tests, first sounds of a heartbeat, other milestones, etc. It doesn’t necessarily mean a baby in your arms, but rather that all is well up to then and it can still be wonderful as a moment in time. In between those moments, focus on the other happy you have in your life whatever it may be. One day the sun will break through again and this time might be the time it brings along a rainbow.

C98C07AD-A3D3-4883-99B7-2D27E94717E8.jpeg
77FC3F8C-0455-4A38-97DD-6F2A65E487A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful! DS2 was a rainbow baby. I wish I had done something to mark it.

I think this is exactly what I needed to hear tonight. Thank you!!! These are beautiful photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"