Raising kids in a small household.

Autumnflower

Reaction score
Anyone on here have kids and live in a small space? We live in a 2 bedroom house but the second bedroom is currently the comp room and we have no space to move the stuff where it could still be usable. No finished basement, no dining room, nothing! :dohh: We love our house and will have to make due with the smaller space. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Do you just downsize your stuff or get creative with storage solutions? If so what are some ways you managed? Thanks! :)

Hi I dont currently have a family in small home but I did grow up in one, it was just a little bungalow granted there was 3 bedrooms but we rented one out for years but its an easy fix, my mam pulled the sofa forward a little so she could keep toys behind it and in the bedrooms in one she built a wardrobe/shelving unit the length of the wall which stored everything and even had the tv on it and in the other she stacked the furniture to make thw most of the space also me n my sister had bunk beds, hope that helps x

Also we had our computer in the living room and we sat on the arm of the sofa to use it lol x

No kids yet but we have a Small house so we will figure it out as we go.

I grew up in a Small house too. My older sister and I shared a tiny bedroom with bunk beds until she was 16 and I was 10. At that time my folks were finally able to afford building on an extra room.

Our computer was in the dining room and I don't ever remember being cramped. My family is very minimalistic. I'm sure that helps.

Though I also grew up in the time where you stayed outside and played until the street lamps come on. So we didn't have to worry about not having much space to play indoors.

Hoping we can raise our kids the same.

Hi :)
We were in a 1 up, 1 down cottage with our 2 girls. It was a bit of a squeeze, but you just learn to live with it! We moved to a 2 bed house last year & all the space we have still feels odd at times! X

When we had my LO we were living in a tiny 2 bedroom place. The second bedroom was so small it barely fit our computer desk, so we never used it as a bedroom. We had LO's cot in our bedroom with us. It was hard because the place was so tiny and LO such a poor sleeper, it meant we had to tiptoe around because as a newborn he would wake up at any noise - he was not one of those babies who would sleep through WW3!

We ended up moving to a bigger place when he was almost 4 months, and then again when he was 14 months to a 4 bedroom.

If you have a garage you can use that as storage and maybe park in the driveway. or maybe an inexpensive l-shape desk in the living room

We do! Me, hubby and baby girl live in a small one bedroom flat, and were trying for another. One word for space saving - IKEA! We managed to get a lot of useful storage that is great. I love us being close. Obviously things will change when she (they) are bigger xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"