Ran out of GOO!!! Now what do I do?

Femme.fatale.

Pregnant and hopeful! <3
Reaction score
I ran out of ultrasound goo for my Doppler, has anyone found anything that works in a pinch?

I use vaseline as I am allegic to the goo.

Maybe try a moisturiser?

Someone told me you can use kyjelly and moisturisers, they work jut as well apparently maybe worth a try x

i use palmer's cocoa butter, it works a dream & nice to rub into my tummy afterwards :)
xx

baby oil i think & i have been using preparation h as i didnt have any gel left lol!

x

Thanks for all the input ladies! I sent the hubby to the pharmacy and the pharmacist sent him home with KY! I tried some body butter from the body shop and it stiffled all the noise, might have been too thick?!

I actually find baby oil works better than the gel! I never use the gel, just the baby oil as the doppler slides across the tummy easier and doesn't dry on the skin so quickly xxxxxxxx

I think any water based gel is best, I've used lube (not ky) in a pinch and it worked fine.

I've never actually used lubricant...I just sit the doppler and move it about when I can...does the gel actually make it work better? Mine is a cheap one anyway - but I can hear kicks fine on it. I do have a lubricant we use sometimes for..errr...you know, maybe I might try that.

My bio-oil works just as well, and i'm treating my belly for stretchmarks at the same time lol. Hope this helps xx

You can buy doppler gel from ebay for about £2 plus £1 postage..it's what I did and works well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->