Random but...roast potatoes?

Homemade - preferably by my mum though - she makes the best roasties - Christmas dinner is all about the roast potaotes for me. MIL uses AB's and although I love her they don't resemble any roast spud I've ever had - the weird coating is wrong for a start!

Home made! I have frozen ones on back-up but NEVER use them, they taste like feet :lol:

Homemade all the way

the frozen are like powered potato. :nope:

homemade rosties all the way. Frozen rosties should be banned lol

Homemade for me, i don't like the frozen ones and my OH would go mad if i served him frozen lol

Homemade, cant beat them especially my dads.

Why are people eating arse and feet to know that frozen taste like it? :haha:

homemade all the way.

i do mine in garlic and rosemary and then drizzle marmite over them while there baking, dont have a clue why i was experimenting one day and they taste beautiful !!!!

Homemade a million times over. We do them in olive oil (veggie) with garlic and herbs. Yummy! And we don't parboil, that just makes them crap!

AUNT BESSIES!! For everything ;)

Homemade ones take forever to do, par boiling means extra washing up,pans, chopping board, peelings and mess everywhere, and then you have to get the oil really hot in the oven and wait at least 40 minutes.....chuck aunt bessies on baking tray and have done is what I do 20 minutes, sorted :D

i re use the boiling pot for the veggies, just re fill the pan
chuck the peeling in the empty packet with the rest of them
put the potatoes in with the meat (already hot and oily)

everything is ready at the same time
and i don't have to wash as i go :haha:

Good idea!
But I use microwave veg packs too :haha: and I dont cook roast meat always grill chicken. I must admit in the days when I had time to cook a decent roast from scratch I always did my own tatos and used duck fat, they were the best. I dont have a dishwasher and cleaning so many greasy pans is gross, I just think whats the point, I just get sunday lunch at the pub and put me feet up lol :D

For some reason my weird husband prefers aunt bessies over my homemade ones, and my homemade ones are very good, lol.

For some reason my weird husband prefers aunt bessies over my homemade ones, and my homemade ones are very good, lol.

They are great with BBQ sauce ! :thumbup: I find AB ones less greasy than homemade, they are more like round chips i guess lol :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->