random question .. the dog smells!!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by sarah0108, Dec 22, 2009.

1. sarah0108

sarah0108 Well-Known Member

anyone know how to get rid of the smell?

im looking after my grandads dog tonight and somehow shes found a dirty nappy and rolled in it :shrug::dohh:

i could see a bit on her side where she rolled in it and the only thing i could think of doing was wiping it with a baby wipe :blush: but she smells!

please anyone know how to make her smell okay again i have to return her in the morning AND she will be sleeping upstairs tonight.. i dont want a dirty dog around harriet!

x

2. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

give it a bath?

3. sarah0108

i was thinking that BUT would just water wash all the smell off? im not sure if shes okay with water either haha i have visions of me chasing a wet dog around my house :haha: shes a bit skitish x

4. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

You can use baby shampoo I'd of thought. Dogs generally enjoy baths hun, unlike cats who HATTTE them. Once my cat rolled in fox pee and omfg it STANK. It was a nightmare to bathe him :(

5. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I would defo put it in the bath and give it a wash with shampoo or washing up liquid or something? x

6. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

yeah baby shampoo will be good

7. sarah0108

thanks girls ill try baby shampoo

:rofl: my grandad will wonder why the hell she smells like a freshly bathed baby haha!!

i might just use one of harriets sponges to scrub her then throw it away after, duno if it will work because shes got rough coated fur haha worth a try i suppose... im dreading what shes gonna be like :haha: hope i dont scare her x

8. sarah0108

omg that must have been awful! i cant even imagine attempting to bath one of my mums cats!! i think they'd have had my eye out :rofl: x

9. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

baby shampoo isnt idea, the PH is different that normal dog shampoo, but i think in your case its kind of an emergency :sick: i dont think it should hurt this once.

10. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

I use baby shampoo on my dog. Hope you got the smell ou x

11. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

baby shampoo would be your best bet if you dont have any dog shampoo its milder.

You dont really need to use a sponge, think of it as washing your hair just lather it up and rub it it.

I bet she will love it!

Try to stay away from her head and ears, iv found they dont like that and it makes them shake

12. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

If you dont what ot wash it, what about just using moisturiser in the area. Massage it in, then rub it off a bit. then let it dry and give it a rub.