Random question...

monster91

Reaction score
But where does babies pee and poo go? hubby asked me last night because I was telling him how I have this increase in discharge and that question just poped in his head :haha:

random but anyone know?

the lady at my 3d scan said the wee goes into the amniotic fluid which the baby then swallows over and over! baby had a wee during the scan! :haha: the 'poo' is collecting in the colon ready to be unleashed once baby is born, i think! hopefully someone can expand on that!

the baby drinks the pee along with the amniotic fluid and the poo doesnt come out until its born, but sometimes it does and if the baby swallows it, it can be harmful.

yea babies wee inside u but they dont poo until they are born i remember doing my sons nappy about 3hours after he was born and the poo was awful!!!!! lol like black tar! lol xx

stay in the amniotic fluid that's why it's not safe for baby to drink it during birth...

i read some of the pee goes back into the mom's bloodstream (ick!)

like everyone else said the pee gets swallowed and released over and over...all the other stuff that is swallowed with the amniotic fluid..skin cells..etc..is stored up in the intestines and comes out usually after birth...its called meconium..sometimes if the baby is stressed they will poo before or during labor and you call tell because your waters will have green/brown in it...most womens water doesnt break before they are in the hospital and most of the time the drs have to do it..but..if yours do break and you notice it isnt clear/normal looking you need to tell the Dr and they will prolly have you come in immediately..usually then the baby is given meds and special treatment once born incase they got any into their lungs as it can cause breathing problems...

it is nasty nasty sticky stuff..just like tar like Jacks Mummy said.....the best way to get it off is with a washcloth that you can toss in the trash and some olive oil...wont hurt babys skin and helps get it all off soooo much better than regular wipes which arent strong enough and they tear and make and even bigger mess lol..if you get icked out easily I would say def invest in some latex free medical gloves for that first poo change and also a few of the other blow outs that are sure to follow lol lol....and I say toss the cloth in the trash because no one would want to wash that thing and use it again lol!!

Baby wees and drinks it producing/replenishing amniotic fluid :D the poop he/she keeps for you to clean up! It's like tar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->