Rant about college >:(

kirsteen

Ollypop<3
Reaction score
Well its not really about the college its about my mum, I know she is supportive and has my best interests at heart, but im in my first trimester and I feel sick and tired and overall blegh! I just want to stay home, I'm a good student and get good grades I just wish she didnt act like I'm doing it on purpose or that I don't feel like that because I do. My college is an hour bus drive away, so when im there I can't leave really till home time. I threw up there yesterday and I just want to stay home today and have a sleep and maybe to throw up at home, rather than in a girls toilet! I don't reguarly miss college probably twice in the past 3 weeks, but it is difficult, I just wish she could understand!! grrr. Rant over.

Hello hun, it must be hard as first tri is very tiring, your symptoms occur etc. Sadly sickness can be worse for some rather than others, is there anyway you and your mum can contact college and get a flexi timetable? So maybe when you do feel that sick you are unable to attend your able to do the same work hours but at home? This was just an idea, I know we have flexi time tables when the students need it and to how they feel where they will only come in 2 days a week. Maybe you need to consider this or try and get extra support at college for the next few months and after baby is here if your planning on going back or something?

Jo

i know is hard hun i have to drag myself to college somedays and now am nearing 3rd trimester am getting so tired and just want stay home in bed but mum keeps me going and is a good thing cos is so much easier getting your qualifications now then trying to do it when you've got a baby your mum is just looking out for you :flower:

The college are fine with it, but my mum just acts like i'm just faking it! she is all 'it isnt that bad' i'm nearly 2nd trimester so will feel better then i spose, its just getting abit tiresome arguing about missing a day or two :/

Well after may i should become an external student and will finish my exams in June HOPEFULLY, after that I am hopefully either doing a learning at home course or ucy course to get more qualifications and hopefully a good job :) OH is very supportive and I know he will look after baby whatever I decided to do.

It's really good your boyfriend is supportive, well done for keeping going! Be proud of yourself!

Jo x

try and keep motivated and keep going to college hun, you'll be glad you did when it's all over and you come out with good grades and can then get a good job to support your family :flower:

Aww this sucks, I know how you feel, I actually left college because of this and the lack of support I got for it, I was criticised for not being able to come in and being tired and angry in my lessons. I got so upset that I left as in the bigger picture I won't be able to go next year because I want to be able to stay at home with my baby.

Hope you feel better soon though and that sucks about your mum but I honestly feel for you. And well done for powering through it, I don't know how you're doing it, I couldn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->