Rant!!!! About my midwife

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Ok so today i was ment to have a double appointment and do my birth plan ect.

Firstly we spent over 10minutes driving around the car park NO spaces :hissy: ended up parking a 15-20min walk away from the mat unit so to say i was tired was an understatement since i only got to sleep at 5am..

The midwife i had today has been in peterborough about 1week and leaves in 1-2weeks so could no answer anything i wanted to ask about the hospital im at.

She asked me if this was my first baby 3times, forgot what my belly measured at i had to tell her, Told me she did not know what it would do but i should ring my doctor and get more iron tablets so i can take 3-4 per day instead of the 2 ive been told to take, did not even mention doing my birth plan or if i had any concerns or questions, told me i should eat more Veg and asked if i eat meat because i should eat meat :dohh: i was sat there thinking i had a 14Oz steak last night lol oh and in my notes she but that i am fine but sleepy lol

My normal midwife's only need to touch my belly in like 3 places to know where and what baby is doing she was all over and moving me about then lowered my trousers and started shacking my babys head saying oh his almost in the pelvis, took her 5mins to find the heartbeat i could of told her exactly where she needed to be considering she did that after she felt the baby and new where he was.

Grr im just soooo mad at how useless she was and how little she new and how forgetful she was i even had to tell her to plot my babys growth on the chart after i told her what she said i measured. :hissy:

Anyone no how i can complain about her and the parking lol

Some of these midwifes, their heart is just not in the job at all! I would probably contact the Maternity Office at your local Hospital with a complaint but not 100% sure to be honest. Discuss it with your own midwife at your next appointment who should be able to point you in the right direction

yeah discuss it with your proper midwife if you get her nxt time! :hugs:

Ah hun,sorry to hear that you had a bad time at your appointment.I complained when I was pg with my little girl after a long catalogue errors neraly ended in me losing her and me!(long story),I just contacted the hospital concerned and they pointed me in the right direction,depends on the area as to what your next step is.Good luck hun,and trust me if your not happy make sure you get heard.xx

our hospital has a pals (patient advice liason system) in place for complaints try to see if there is something similar at yours.
i dont have much info in my notes and have spoken to my midwife about it

our hospital has a pals (patient advice liason system) in place for complaints try to see if there is something similar at yours.
i dont have much info in my notes and have spoken to my midwife about it

I think theres a pals at all hospital. They try to resolve problems before it gets to the point of legal action. They have to follow up on all complaints.

Yes, definitely contact PALS at your hospital (they often put their contact details on the hospital website, even if their website is lacking in other areas - so should give you an email or at least a phone no. ). Failing that, phone the hosp. switchboard and ask to speak to the 'Patient Quality Manager' or equivalent - they all have someone like this, even if they keep it quiet..!
I really hope you manage to contact someone like that and let them know what you've told us, because a) it might make you feel a bit better b) it might help other patients c) hospitals think that there 'are no problems' unless told otherwise.
I'm really sorry you've had such an awful time - I had a bad time at the hospital today (rubbish communication etc) but yours sounds much worse.

i will be looking into that pals thing thanks :) the last mw i had was great but i only get to see who ever is on duty since my proper mw is on mat leave, if she is there at my next appointment i will tell them where to stick her :) i think sometimes they really just do not care, i mean i was going to ask the mw quite a few questions about the mat unit itself and some personal ones but she new nothing about peterborough mat unit so did not bother and did not feel like i was allowed to ask anything really.

Here was my mini list of things to ask:

What does the hospital provide?
What types of delivery rooms are there?
What is the chance i would be able to use the birth pool?
What help is there to help with breastfeeding and is it there 24hours?
Then was about discharge, why does it sometimes feel like babys in my bum and stuff like that but nope did not get to ask nothing or do a birth plan :(

And what makes it worse is we dont get a tour of our mat unit to see delivery suit or anything like that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->