Rant - again, sorry :(

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
Some of you will be familiar with my situation with my 'good' friend and kind of SIL - who has said she is too busy to come to my baby shower :(

She and OH's brother are getting married in June but have said that no children are invited. So we asked if they didn't mind us getting a room at the hotel and having a baby sitter for LO (like rafwife suggested :))- so we can check on him and feed him etc, but they have said no :( ~We then confirmed that LO would definately have nothing to do with wedding, but they still said no.

They have said that they can make no exceptions (despite that fact that our LO will be the only family baby). So if LO can't go, I can't either (feeding)and OH doesn't want to either, but is supposed to be best man!

So called friend keeps updating her facebook status about how her life is so unfair - and it is always after I try texting or FBing her (to which she NEVER replies)

It is so stressful to know what to do. I know OH is gutted, but I haven't been the one to impose all these constraints, so I don't feel like I have been the one to make him chose between his brother's 'perfect day' and looking after his own family.

Now I feel like even if they changed their minds, I have been made to feel so uncomfortable, I don't want to go!

Keeps making me cry :( (and I keep thinking that maybe OH will ditch us because he is gutted too)

that is just so crazy!!! i cannot understand why they wont let you leave the baby at a hotel with a sitter???? its not like the baby will be running around knocking drinks over and being a nuisance!

it would make me not want to go either but i can see how you would feel bad cos then your OH wont go and it is is brother at the end of the day

are all the guests staying at the same hotel? is the wedding in the hotel?
if not then i would just take the baby and not even tell them!

its a tough situation, hope you get it sorted so everyone is happy...

:hug: dont no what to say hun, a baby dont make much difference to a wedding not like will be running about

omg. wtf is her problem?! i think that idea of checking up on babyevery so often is a fab compromise, especially considering your partners role! of course not missing ceremony but as far as drinks goes don't think they mean that much kwim?so sure every 30mins you going missing for 5mins wont disrupt anybody too much (notthat they'd notice with the drink anyway!)you'd think too being the bestman they'd make more of an effort to keep him/you there kwim? :s how odd!

she sounds like a right funny bugger. how you have held your mouth is beyond me!!

xXx

I dont get it, its not like anyone will know the baby is at the hotel but even if they do it is at the hotel not the wedding. Sounds a bit controlling tbh.

TBH If your OH wants to go then u both go with baby in the room you pay for the room your choice who stays in it ! They wont even know if you dont mention it ! although she is being so out of order !

i agree! id really struggle holding my temper - hasnt she ever heard of the word compramise??? jeez!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->