RANT... DH's Boss is a B***CH **UPDATED**

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
I have my 16 week midwife appointment on 3rd september, and my hubby cant come :cry: The midwife has told us that we are gunna be able to listen to the heartbeat, and seen as we dont have a doppler or anything, this will be the first time were gunna hear it.

Basically to cut a long story short, my hubby works just him and his boss on their department at work. My hubby has wednesdays off, and she has thursdays off. It just so happens that our midwife appointments always fall on a thursday, this is the only day that ou midwife is at our surgery, so theres no way of changing to another day.

Whenever my hubby has told work of our appointments, his boss has always got shitty about it. She thinks the whole world revolves around her i swear. When i had my 1st mw appt, she got really funny and it was only when we told her that was the only day we can have it, did she have to swap her plans and swap her day off with my hubby. When our 12 week scan came through, coincedece (sp) had it that we was allocated a thursday. Again, she said theres no way we can do it that day cos its her day off, and she had "personal plans". So we had to ring up and change for a later date :cry:

I wouldnt mind, but whenever hubbys boss decides to swan off on holiday (which is about 6 times a year), he has to cover her day off, whether he can or not, working all week. Something as important as this and she cant even swap.

When me and hubby came back from our honeymoon, she swanned off to mexico, so hubby had to work 6 days a week straight for two weeks, even though we had loads to sort out at the bank, housing etc. She then had weeks and weeks off cos of toothache, and guess who had to work all week? Yep DH.

Anyways, so my hubby told her about my 16 week appt on the 3rd, and told her how important it is cos of the heartbeat, and she aint having none of it. Even if someone could cover him for an hour? I mean there aint even no1 there to cover him for a lunch break ffs.

She really does take the piss. Now something that is supposed to be happy, hearing my baby's heartbeat for the 1st time, i just wanna cry about it :cry: i just want hubby to hear it as well, is that so bad???

No it's not bad, she's being an insensitive b*tch. :growlmad:

But I don't know if this will work as an alternative: My surgery has a midwife come in once a week but I go to the hospital instead. Any chance you can try self referral to your local hospital (takes hardly any time, you juts have to go in and fill out a form) or find out if your midwife does days at the local hospital?

That way you can choose the day as they have lots of midwives at the hopsital. Although it can take a while to see them sometimes. :shrug: Hope it helps. :hugs:

Thats rhidiclous!
Is she the owner of the company? Can he not contact HR about this?
isnt he intilted (by law) to attend antinatal appoints with you??

Worst comes to worst- get him to drop her right in it by calling in sick the Thurs! xx

Thats rhidiclous!
Is she the owner of the company? Can he not contact HR about this?

Worst comes to worst- get him to drop her right in it by calling in sick the Thurs! xx

Thats the problem, she is the owner, so she thinks she can do as she likes and doesnt give two shits about the staff. She is the HR dept lol.

I dont know about this... but I bloody hope so. Gunna see if i can find anything on the net now.

I know, i have told him to just phone in sick, but hes too bloody honest for his own good and shes the type of person who would discipline him out of spite :cry:

Seems that dads to be dont have a legal right to time off to attend antenatal appts, although decent companies would grant it, paid or unpaid.

He has even offered to take it as holiday, and she wont let him because there is no-one else to cover :cry:: :cry: :cry:

awww hun she sounds like a complete insesitive bitch!
i hope everything works out for you xxx

still no luck :cry: I got DH to ask work if he could have the time off if i could re-arrange the appt for the following week, and the only way they would let him do it is if it was right at the beginning of the day, or right at the end.

So just phoned the docs and the mw is only there 4 a couple of hours around lunch time each thursday :cry: Why are they not even prepared to compromise at all? He only needs one hour away from work, and they cant even give him that.

He cant take the day as sick cos he wouldnt get paid and we need the money :cry:

What a cow!!

Why doesnt he ask her to compramise?

In a work place, a good boss knows when to give and take.

What will she be like when it comes to his paterinty leave?! xx

Oh wow...that sucks. Your DH's boss is really being insensitive and inflexible and inconsiderate. Does she have children? I'm guessing not. What's the big deal with switching her day off? Does she have plans that she can't perform on another day of the week? I can't believe she can't even arrange to have someone cover your DH for a lousy hour. That's really bad.

She sounds mean! My hubby's work have been fine with the scans/hospital appointments but have not allowed him to come to the mw appointments so I know how frustrating it is!

What a cow!!

Why doesnt he ask her to compramise?

In a work place, a good boss knows when to give and take.

What will she be like when it comes to his paterinty leave?! xx

I know, he annoys me sometimes. He is so scared of upsetting anyone, he would rather keep his mouth shut than stand up for himself.

I am dreading paternity leave. I am out of work so we rely on his wage, so will be completely stuffed if she mucks us about. She is notorious for things like this. A few months ago, she suspended DH cos she thought he stole £10 from the shops takings. Anyone that knows him would know that he would never do anything like that, he was distraught!! She even made him pay the "missing" £10 back, and made him stay off work for a whole week. We had the last laugh though as it stated in his contract that she had to give him full pay for anything like that, which she didnt realise :haha: once she had calmed down and he went back to work, she admitted that she knew he didnt do it and that she lost her temper.

Grrrr shes a down and out bitch!!!!!

Oh wow...that sucks. Your DH's boss is really being insensitive and inflexible and inconsiderate. Does she have children? I'm guessing not. What's the big deal with switching her day off? Does she have plans that she can't perform on another day of the week? I can't believe she can't even arrange to have someone cover your DH for a lousy hour. That's really bad.

Nope she doesnt have children.. i think thats half the problem. She has made it public knowledge that her and her hubby wanted to try for a baby, but know that me and DH are expecting, they wont try as they want all the focus to be on them. Its ridiculous.

There are tonnes of part time staff that work there that she could easily get into cover for an hour or two, but she wont. :cry::cry:

I dont really know what to suggest on the work front but my biggest bit of advice would be to buy a doppler. It is the most amazing this and then you can share that experience in the peace of your own home, not have to rush and lsiten for as long as you want and MW will only listen for about 20 Seconds!!

good luck and i hope things work for you!!!

xxx

I told him to call in sick, but he doesnt get paid for sick days and we cant afford to loose out on a days wage :cry: i just dunno what to do. I even asked if he could have the following thursday off if we could re-schedule the appt, but no :cry1:

I dont really know what to suggest on the work front but my biggest bit of advice would be to buy a doppler. It is the most amazing this and then you can share that experience in the peace of your own home, not have to rush and lsiten for as long as you want and MW will only listen for about 20 Seconds!!

good luck and i hope things work for you!!!

xxx

Thanks. We have thought about getting a doppler, but we are moving houses at the weekend so are a bit strapped for cash. Well strapped for cash is a bit of an understatement :nope: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->