Rant! Did I get treated right??

17pregnant

Reaction score
I had my first scan a couple of weeks back, my dating scan, and the more i've been thinking about it, the more i'm wondering if I was treated right. So this is about how it went. The technician didn't really say much, first thing she said, which was abrupt and snide was, " Are you planning on keeping this baby?" To which of course I replied yes, as did my OH. She then took the measurements, and said your 8 weeks. Done. That's it. Only reason I found out the due date was looking up at the screen myself. She didn't offer pictures, or any more information. Is this right or am I just over reacting??

No she definitely should have been more kind and respectful. next time you go ask for a different technician because what she did was just rude and not right. your definitely not over reacting

Thankyou! Gosh reassured me a lot. I thought I was just being a drama queen. I think i'm just going to go to a different place all together next time! I'm obviously not 100% sure if it was because of my age, but I suspect it was. And it's the first kind of age prejudice i've experienced, I don't know if i'll ever be able to handle it :(

I've seen people of all ages have experiences like this, I think because you're only 8 weeks that all she wanted to do was a quick check, as the main checks happen around 12 & 20 weeks iykwim? I don't think you're over-reacting though, I would not be happy if I was spoken to like that!

I do not think your overreacting at all hun!
That is damn ignorant to ask someone if their keeping their child as an ultrasound tech!

I do not think your overreacting at all hun!
That is damn ignorant to ask someone if their keeping their child as an ultrasound tech!

Thankyou. I thought so too. I mean I really have no prior experience so I don't know whats right/wrong. I just kinda had a gut feeling it was wrong :/

I've seen people of all ages have experiences like this, I think because you're only 8 weeks that all she wanted to do was a quick check, as the main checks happen around 12 & 20 weeks iykwim? I don't think you're over-reacting though, I would not be happy if I was spoken to like that!

Yup I agree with that, I know she wanted a quick check, but I would've liked pictures, and if I hadn't of looked up at the screen I wouldn't of known my due date (I know I could've calculated it but still?) Good to know that it's not normal to be spoken to like that though :) Thanks

you should have gotten pictures at your first scan, atleast i know i did.

you should have gotten pictures at your first scan, atleast i know i did.

When I had a scan at 9 weeks when I mc, the lady gave me pictures. She was lovely. I'm kind of gutted I didn't get them, well very gutted. I'm the type of person who just loves to document every single little thing, and this is the most important thing in my life yet! I wish I spoke up for myself, but thats the beauty of hindsight I suppose.

me too and my ob was rude to me the first time i met her but still gave me pictures and discussed things with me etc cause its her job and she shouldnt put her ignorant feelings infront of them but after i let my ob know that i wasnt being treated like that and that i was going to be a good mother she was never rude to me again.

No, that's definitely not right, especially if she didn't write it in your notes (?) hope you get someone nicer next time!

No, that's definitely not right, especially if she didn't write it in your notes (?) hope you get someone nicer next time!

She didn't write anything down, well not that I saw anyway :/ Just done and dusted as soon as she could possibly do it, well thats how it seemed anyway. I'm going to go to a total different place and hope for the best :)

me too and my ob was rude to me the first time i met her but still gave me pictures and discussed things with me etc cause its her job and she shouldnt put her ignorant feelings infront of them but after i let my ob know that i wasnt being treated like that and that i was going to be a good mother she was never rude to me again.

I have to learn how to speak up for myself :) Haha hopefully it's easier than i'm expecting it to be x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->