Rant! People need to keep opinions to themselves unless asked!

Thank you ladies - I guss the thing that's p*ssed me off the most is unwanted advise that is given in a manner that seems like advise but is actually putting you down. We live ina 1 bdroom flat and our major proiroity is sving up to move not dryers and cars and other luxuries that may or may not come after.

xx

It is something you are going to have to learn to tune out. It only gets worse once the baby arrives. Everyone has an opinion on diapers and feeding and teething and sleeping, how and where and when the baby sleeps. I quickly learned to smile and nod, smile and nod.

Yep, that's people for you. I let it go over my head now and I know I'll get "do this, do that" when baby is here.

I've had the opposite "Why are you not finding out?" erm, because it's our choice. And we don't have a car either and don't intend to yet and have "God knows how you'll cope without a car". Well we have coped for however many years so we'll carry on doing so! :growlmad:

Also my neighbour (who is a complete idiot) said to me "Oh will you breast feed?" and because I made a face which was meant to mean "I really hope so!" and I had opened my mouth to say "Definitely, if I can" she took that as "Ewww no" (teach me to pull faces I suppose lol) she said "Oh my God, you HAVE to breast feed, it's cruel not to". I said I am going to breast feed but I wouldn't say formula is torture! Arghhh! Good job she didn't say it to a poor lady looking to FF. Stupid woman!

Thank you ladies - I guss the thing that's p*ssed me off the most is unwanted advise that is given in a manner that seems like advise but is actually putting you down. We live ina 1 bdroom flat and our major proiroity is sving up to move not dryers and cars and other luxuries that may or may not come after.

xx

It is something you are going to have to learn to tune out. It only gets worse once the baby arrives. Everyone has an opinion on diapers and feeding and teething and sleeping, how and where and when the baby sleeps. I quickly learned to smile and nod, smile and nod.

I can imagine xx

Yep, that's people for you. I let it go over my head now and I know I'll get "do this, do that" when baby is here.

I've had the opposite "Why are you not finding out?" erm, because it's our choice. And we don't have a car either and don't intend to yet and have "God knows how you'll cope without a car". Well we have coped for however many years so we'll carry on doing so! :growlmad:

Also my neighbour (who is a complete idiot) said to me "Oh will you breast feed?" and because I made a face which was meant to mean "I really hope so!" and I had opened my mouth to say "Definitely, if I can" she took that as "Ewww no" (teach me to pull faces I suppose lol) she said "Oh my God, you HAVE to breast feed, it's cruel not to". I said I am going to breast feed but I wouldn't say formula is torture! Arghhh! Good job she didn't say it to a poor lady looking to FF. Stupid woman!

i didn't even think about the breastfeeding opinions that'll come - arrghh! x

When I told my friend we were finding out she told me that (she works in admin in a hospital) "oooh no don't - when I walk past maternity and people are phoning relatives to say their babies have been born they are so excited when they say its a boy or a girl but if they already know they are all deflated like 'oh yeah the babies been born'" How ridiculous! I think I'll be ecstatic to meet my baby whether i knew the sex or not thank you very much!

Oh my god I can't belive someone would say that! I think people get blind sighted about what's the most importnat thing in pregnancy/birth - and it's the healthy child. It's as if these people think the MOST important thing in the world is finding out the sex, then it's all yawn from there.

We've decided we're finding out the sex but not telling anyone. se how they like it then, when they ask me I'll say yes we know the sex, and when they ask what it is I'll smile and say "we're keeping that private". See how the blo*dy like that! x

Thats a fab idea hehe :) As you say why do people ask if they are going to jump down your throat if you havent done what they would - grrrr!! Better get used to it now though as have other have said bet people will get loads worse when baby is born! x

And so glad we did, its no one else's business, entirely your choice x

ARRRGHHH!

Everyone seems to have an opinion on my pregnancy!

Them - "are you going to find out the sex"?
me - "yes"
Them - "oh no you can't do that, it won't be as special/a surprise"

P*sses me right off! it WILL be special when i give birth to my child thank you very much and and a "surprise" is hardly my biggest concern - I just want a healthy child.

Another thing that's been p*ssing me off is we live in Zone 2 London, almost central, and don't have car and don't intend to get one. The parking is too expensive as is conjestion charge, plus we have everything on our door step. If I want to do a big shop I will do an internet shop. I have a tesco, co-op and sainsbury's all within 3-8 mins walk of my flat(!) we live in zone 2 london, npt somewhere that you NEED to have a car for.

Them - "oh no you'll need a car"
Me - "no we'll be fine, we live in zone 2 in london and we have the underground, the bus and the train line literally on our doorstep"
Them - "no you'll need a car when a baby comes"

A million people before me have had kids and no car and a million others after me will do the same as well.

and just today I've been TOLD pretty agressively by someone that when the baby comes i will NEED a dryer.

It's as if new parents think they're the only ones who have ever had a child EVER!!! It's like they're tryig to make me feel like a bad parent just because I'm not doing things THEIR way.

ARRRGHHH! rant over.

Thank you x

I never had a car- never even knew how to drive- when my kids were small.
I live in a major metropolitan area with a great public transit system.
I never needed to drive (I drive now, but it's because I want to. There is nothing about having a child that requires one to have a car, especially if one lives in an urban area).
I got a lot of the same crap: "What if there's an emergency, etc?"
Well then, I'll call a damn ambulance, of course. Duh.

I also had a lot of people after me about raising my children in an apartment; a nice, two-bedroom apartment, I should add, in a gated community with a pool.
People seemed to think anything would be preferable to an apartment- a broken-down old trailer, a duplex in a crime-ridden neighborhood, anything. Their issue seemed to be that I didn't have a yard.
Well, our entire apartment complex was our "yard", and the kids always had plenty of other kids to play with. I love apartment living; I still live in an apartment today, and when I get old I'm going to buy a condo, which will be just like living in an apartment except that I'll own it instead of renting.

Don't even engage people who offer unsolicited critical opinions of your life choices.
Just smile and say, "That's a very interesting theory!", and move on.
They are not worth taking the time to argue with.

Are you serious?? Of course you NEED a car!!!!!!
Hahaha I am sooooo kidding!! In one ear and out the other with the nonsense- do what is right for you and your family:)

Oooh this stuff really gets to me too but the only thing we can do is try to rise above it and know you're doing right for you and your little family - that's what matters as all the ladies have already said here :flower:

My main reason for posting, as well as support, is because it made me lol that...
-We're actually giving our dryer away today to a couple who need it (i already have a ds and felt no need for it, never will)
-We are finding out the sex of our LO in 25 days AND
-We live in London (zone 4) with no car and no plans to get one!

My only other bug is that people keep commenting on how huge i am. (when i don't think i am for my second and not being skinny in the 1st place!) No, it's not twins. Yes, i'm sure. It must be a huge baby? I must be worried about labour? URGH *counts to 10 an walks away with fingers in ears*

i erm... like... have to agree about the dryer (sorry sorry!)

you will be fine without a car especially in zone 2, were in luton and we3 dont really need a car.

everyone always likes to have an opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->