Rant...Sorta. My doctor and his MA apparently think...

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
that I am over-the-top with my questions about pregnancy,
or at least thats the conclusion I'm starting to make.

Last appointment, they pretty much told me news that would worry any first-time mother, whether or not its a big threat or not, I'm one of those people who have the tendency to worry about every unusual thing.

I've tried calling them, but I always have to leave a message for the MA,
who hasn't really called me back, even when I ask legitimate questions that I just want a simple answer to.

The doctor is so quick during appointments, theres really never a lot of time for EVERY single question, and last appointment, I didn't have some of the questions I do now.

I understand that there are other patients and that they are busy,
but the medical assistant (who is responsible for calling the patients back) was very cold to me at the last appointment,
when she told me the news about the HPV, she told me as if I should just
lie down and die right that minute.
I'm so glad she didn't tell me about my low-lying placenta, or else I would be a wreck right now.
I don't even think she was supposed to tell me at all.

Maybe I'm overreacting,
but I'm starting to think that they're disregarding my questions because they think that I'm a worry-wart and that I'm just freaking out over nothing.
I'm afraid if something unusual happens again, they won't answer my message, even if its serious.

I can't switch doctors either, my insurance isn't that great :/

Sorry, just wanted to vent a little bit here, as no one around the house wants to sit and listen to the pregnant girl complain...
:laugh2:

Ahh Sweetheart, what a shame for you! You should never be made to feel awkward when asking questions about your health. I really feel for you as it can be a scary time!

I hope you make some progress with your Doc and don't worry too much! Maybe you can explain how you feel, just as you have done on here...

Thinking about you!! :hugs:

that's awful Hun. Sometimes I think that they forget that although they have probable seen and heard it all before for us, as mothers to be, this is all new!!! No matter how much of a worrier you are they should answer your concerns and not be so bloody rude. If I were you I'd say to them "I know you may think I'm being over cautious but this is my baby and my health and you are providing a service. Therefore I am entitled to receive support and guidance when I request it". Good luck sweet x

aww toots that sounds really rubbish, you have a right to have your questions answered and your concerns put to rest. I hope you find the support you need from them soon, in the mean time sending you a big huge cyber hug :hugs:

You should apply for pregnancy medicaid through the state. It's easier to qualify for it while you're pregnant and it covers a huge range of doctors. You also get access to a nurses line 24/7 for any questions you have. They are really on top of you progress and it's comforting. Even if you think you wouldn't qualify, try anyway. I think in some states you qualify just by being pregnant.

You should apply for pregnancy medicaid through the state. It's easier to qualify for it while you're pregnant and it covers a huge range of doctors. You also get access to a nurses line 24/7 for any questions you have. They are really on top of you progress and it's comforting. Even if you think you wouldn't qualify, try anyway. I think in some states you qualify just by being pregnant.

Good advice - I wasn't sure how it works over the water! :thumbup:

Well, I'm underage, so once I turn 18 in a month, I'll look into that.

I finally received a call back, but the medical assistant really needs to review her definitions of the different types of low-lying placentas (placenta previa, etc),
either that, or they diagnose differently.
She basically defined low-lying as complete placenta previa when I accidentally said low-lying instead of marginal.
Anyone know the right definition for these two types of placenta previa?

Whoa... Sorry to flip the topic like that haha.

I can totally sympathise with you my midwife is exactly the same. Because I'm a low risk pregnancy my appointments seem to be within weeks of each other so I don't really see her that often but when I do she makes me feel like I'm stupid for asking any questions I have. I'm quite lucky though as my midwife is going back to the hospital in the new year so won't have to bear her much longer lol xxx

I can totally sympathise with you my midwife is exactly the same. Because I'm a low risk pregnancy my appointments seem to be within weeks of each other so I don't really see her that often but when I do she makes me feel like I'm stupid for asking any questions I have. I'm quite lucky though as my midwife is going back to the hospital in the new year so won't have to bear her much longer lol xxx

:rofl: Lucky you!

But, yeah, it feels like YEARS between appointments, I'm not even exaggerating :p

And I think at my age, they assume I'm just asking really obsolete questions,
and that I'm just young, so naturally I'm "panicking" (which I'll admit I have a few times, but not without good reason)
And when they DO answer, like you said, they make you feel kind of stupid for even asking them the question in the first place.

Hi hon so sorry you are having such a hard time. But in answer to your question, both types are classed as placenta praevia, just different grades. These are the grades, hope this helps:

Grade I: placenta encroaches lower segment but does not reach the cervical os.
Grade II: reaches cervical os but does not cover it.
Grade III: covers part of the cervical os.
Grade IV: completely covers the os, even when the cervix is dilated.

Try not to worry too much about low lying placenta as over 90% move by 34 weeks and if not its not all bad! I had grade IV with my son, had a c section and all was fine, no bleeding during the pregnancy at all!!! This time I have grade III!!!

I'm sure any questions you have, the girls on here will try to answer and set your mind at rest, we are all here to support each other, so you are definately not alone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->