rant thread!

mummynummy

Reaction score
i thought i start a rant thread so us pregnant ladies can let of some steam.

my OH has a been a right ass, he just so me me me and so short tempered.
im so excited that we are having a boy after 2 girls and everytime i spend my money to buy Thorin some bits he gets so annoyed at me saying my money is food money as he got to get a new car and to make sure that the insurance is low but i just feel since he been saving for this car we got so distant and we keep fighting everyday. its like i have to listen to him about bloody cars but he gets annoyed if i mention about the c section (for whole c section story i got thread for it 'elective c sections') it just feels like one sided. i might be being unreasonable as he trying to save us money as we dont get much as it is but still no need to treat me like crap and feel like we cant talk and just want to stay away from him. its came to a point now that if he say something that i dont like i keep my mouth shut or i get my head bitten off. we also was gonna get married in july but had to cancel it because this car. men drive me up the wall.
i been so stressed too, my phone got stolen last week so i have no phone, i worried about Thorin as he a week behind in weight, my 2 year old dont want to use the potty and she been so good and all of a sudden she just wee and poo everywhere, stressed about the birth and probably get told that cant have a c section than need to go to another hospital.

so much of having a stress free pregnancy :cry:

you dont have to comment about my rant, just let your steam out even if its something stupid just let it all out :thumbup:

feel better now :haha:

It sounds like there's a lot going on for you. Might it help to break it down a bit?
To start, one week behind is NOTHING. The measurements are inaccurate and you're supposed to give or take up to 3 weeks for that reason. So I would consider 1 week behind as totally and utterly normal.

Two is early to potty train and kids that potty train early are more likely to regress at times. It's annoying. But she's only two. If she needs to go back in nappies for a bit, so be it.

Money - is it tight? We can't afford to buy this baby stuff but I managed to swap some newborn boy clothes for newborn girl clothes. I've sold a few things we don't need and put the money in a baby pot to buy little things out of.

I think I've spoken to you on the elective c section thread and I can't really imagine your anxiety over this. I really hope you get the support you need. I would also talk to your midwife about the stress and anxiety it's causing and ask if there's anyone she could refer you to. Are you in contact w with SANDS at all?

I'm not sure what to say about your OH. It sounds like it goes deeper than money. Do you think he might also be feeling stressed about another baby after losing your little girl? Have you managed to talk heart to heart to him about it?

thats what i thought, i be having a scan on wednesday. Its new to me as my girls was so big haha.
I'm so glad you said that because i dont mind her being in nappies as i know she not ready its my family that are in the old days that say "your mum was potty trained by 2" they force her on the potty which i dont i just leave the potty in the living room and she use it when she needs it but i just put nappies on for now.
That sounds a really good idea but i cant go through Ellie-Mai clothes yet, they are up in my nans loft.
yeah im seeing a mental health team as i got depression, anger and anxiety issues. the lady at the team did mention sands too but i haven't got around to contact them.
i have he just dont tell me anything which frustrates me as i cant help him or understand how he feels i also told him to refer himself to see the team too to help him with anxiety about the new baby, i just left it at that if i nag him he wont do it, typical man
thank you for your reply your really helped me, your better than the team im seeing haha, really made me look at it in a different way :)

Sorry, of course you don't want to be swapping out Ellie-Mai's clothes. I didn't think. That was very insensitive of me. X

Sorry for your stress hun. But at the stage of pregnacy your in I agree you should buy some things, and doing it a few at a time is DEFINITELY more money savvy, rather than waiting to buy it ALL at once, and less stress for you. As a mom you need to feel prepared.

My rant for the day.
Hubby took a trip with his work friends last weekend to do a little gambling, we agreed on a set ammount for him to take on this overnight trip. Today when I looked at the bank account, I was TWO ATM withdrawals from his trip, putting him $80 over our agreed ammount :growlmad:
So I sent him a text asking what they were for, and he told me they were to gamble *sigh*. After I let him know I felt lied to and upset, he went off on me about how I spend HIS money (diapers, food, toiletries,bills ect) I am rather livid with him now, and when he got home I told him he could get his own account, and give me his half of the bill money and we would split household items.
Now, DH makes pretty good money, considering where we live, and I work a part time job as well. However, we have recently moved into my parents back yard in a 33 foot trailer, as we are in the process of trying to save to buy a home. The more I attempt to save, the more he thinks he wants to spend. When he is in a good mood its 'our' money, when I am after him for irresponsible spending, its 'his' money, and I am at my wits end! I cant keep freting over the fact that there can be several hundred in the bank, then he wants to go 'play' and we are left with only pennies until the next payday! I try to manage it and keep us at a comfy ammount, but he thinks if its there, it should all be avlible to spend! Its rediculus!
I am now getting the silent treatment from him, and I'm not sure I care. I would like for us to be a married couple, have our joint checking and savings accounts, but he has no concept of saving or spending wisely. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->