Rant: Unwanted Parenting Advice while shopping

jd83

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
So yesterday I took the kids to Walmart to get groceries and supplies for my older son's birthday party. As we were checking out, DS1 laid on the rack that's under the cart where people usually put bigger items. This lady walks by and asks me "Do you know your child is under there" in this completely self-righteous snooty voice. I said "yes, of course I know where my child is". She then completely goes off on me loudly in front of all these people in the store and in line behind me, telling me "she's an OSHA inspector, and I need to be an F***ing mother to my child instead of trying to get him injured. What kind of mother does that to her kid?"

I was mortified. Could not believe someone would be so blatently rude and loud enough for everyone to hear. She walked off so fast I didn't have time to comment back to her, but I really wanted to.

1. My son was under the cart ONLY while we were checking out. Not while I was pushing it around the store. The cart wasn't going to explode on him while we stood there. I am not an idiot. I realize he could fall out from that spot if he stayed there while I pushed the cart through the store.
2. I don't give a crap what your job is. Mind your business. If he was clearly in danger of hurting himself, fine, then you can let me know. But how about some TACT?

Usually I don't get too worked up over unwanted advice, I just ignore it. This just made me sooooo mad though! The fact that she had to be sure everyone around heard her chewing me out...At least the customers behind me thought she was rediculous too, lol. Several of them told me I looked to be a great mom, and my kids were very well behaved. Even so. Sooo embarassed.

People like her make me mad and what gets it is she probably dont even have children. You just wanna slap these people. Mind your business

Ah how rude! I can't believe she actually did that what a nerve. I had a woman shake her head at me in disgrace because my daughters pants were dirty (we'd just been to the park where she'd had a good crawl around) some people need to know when to keep there opinions to themselves.

I'm so sorry that happened! :hug:
How awful and rude. Not to mention very low class. I'm sure you are a great mom! Doesn't she know kids have a mind of their own and it's not possible to control their every move at every second??

What a noob, and obviously not a mother herself....she shouldn't have been so rude, and did she swear infront of your kids? Nice....she cares enough about him not getting hurt by, to be honest, him just being a boy!...he's gonna do alot worse!..but she doesn't care enough not to teach him terrible manners and perhaps upset him by shouting at his Mummy!....yeah, don't take her seriously for 1 minute.

yes, she used to f-word in front of kids to point this out to me. LOL. Way to correct my mistake by making one of her own, right? People are so awful sometimes. I was just telling some of my other friends I knew there was a reason I avoided Walmart. I only went there to get both things done at once, groceries and party stuff. Now I remember why I hate that place.

What's ironic about that is by yelling and cursing at you she violated OSHA's harassment policy. She must have missed that day of training! Or... she's a childless self-appointed parenting policewoman who made up the OSHA story in a sad attempt to give herself credibility.

Sorry you had to deal with that.

Pretty sure I would have bust up laughing in her face and asked her if she was for real. So rude. I find laughing at people being blatantly rude generally shuts them up.

What a rude woman! And what a hypocrite! Acting like she knows all about how to treat children while at the same time using the f word in front of a child! Double standards. :nope:

wow...I used to let my DS ride under the cart all the time when he was younger....1. it made him happy and I got my shopping done. 2. I knew where he was. 3. The minute he stopped holding on or dragging his legs he wasn't allowed to ride there.

Wow! You poor thing! I'd have been so mad! You sound like a loving, caring and sensible mum. Don't give her a second thought!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"