Rare or uncommon girl names that are girly

My lg is called marella, which every time I tell someone they tell me they've never heard it before. We call he Rella or rellie for short

I love Constance, Connie for short, but OH hates it. I also quite like Verity but again... sigh.

As isabelle is so popular I would rather have a more unusual name for this one if it's a girl. For a boy we have decided Joel.

Apologies if I'm being very repetitive, but there's a lot of posts to go through and remember!

Flora
Zinnia
Tallulah
Thandie
Verona
Katya
Clementine
Lottie
Freya
Carys
Coco
India
Aurora
Tessa
Bronte
Iona
Zaelia
Adelina
Lavinia
Claudia
Karissa
Havana
Cassia
Cosima
Camelia
Rosemma
Theodora
Xenia
Azaria
Lucia
Catarina
Luna
Nellie
Maeva
Bessie
Iris
Honor
Mila
Saskia
Allegra
Athena
Liberty
Orla
Cerise
Pandora

Oh and Megan, but I'm not sure if that's really popular or not. And Zara is a lovely name.

There is one name I absolutely adore and it's definitely rare and super elaborate, girly, over the top... Alexandrina.

I knew a girl with this name and it didn't hurt that she was a model, tall, porcelain skin, long dark hair, just stunning!

I teach an Alezandrina (with a z not x) very pretty.

I am still loving Vivienne and Jocelyn

Mila
Zoe
Chloe
Eliza
Stella
Romy
Shiloh
Vivian
Leonie
Lydia
Ruby
Delaney
Delia
Celeste
Wren
Marilla
Juliet
Juliana
Penelope

I love Avonlea, and its very very rare but soo pretty and feminine!

Rowena can be said Row-ee-na or Row-en-na
eitherway pretty, unique, uncommon but traditional all at the same time. my mum wanted to call me it as it was a character she loved in a book she was ready whilst in labour with me (crazy woman lol) but my dad vetoed it as it was a name that was a bit 'out there' at the time.

:shock: your mom must be awesome!!! LOL

Im digging the name Shiloh atm....does it sound girly or is it more....for both genders? I like it a lot but i want something super feminine.

Shiloh is also the name of brad and angelina's first biological child. as soon as someone famous names their child a name i like i instantly go off it lol.

have you tried looking at names of different cultures/countries/languages? sometimes this pulls out really beautiful names (that perhaps you could change the spelling to slightly to suit yourself) and then as its from a complete different walk of like to your own it then makes it completely unique to you but its not something stupidly unique and made up its just used in different parts of the world?

just an idea x

I have. I think my problem is a lack of super creative babyname websites. I know the usually ones like nameberry, behind the name, nymbler, but otherwise i cant find sites that have names like that, im def open!

i will have a look around today and find some of the sites i used to use when searching for names for my LO's and will post the links for you and also if i come across any names i think you may like. x

really can't find any of the websites :wacko: lol

some names ive found that are quite pretty/uncommon are:

Arwen/Arwyn
Breena
Nyx
Valinia
Adinah
Terrah
Adaria/Adairia
Coira
Uta
Mina/Meena
Nami
Ayah
Arlee
Elora
Angelia

still looking for those sites, i will find them somewhere!

My daughters name is Marissa Marie. Its not a uncommon name, but I surprisingly haven't heard it much. I lover her name :)

Other names I like are:
Lyla
Tenley
Blair
Summer
Angelina
Patyon
Annabelle
Candece
Winnie
Stella
Annika
Aayla
Aralynn
Merica
Arabelle
Addison
True
Teddy
Pearl (my grandmothers name)
Robyn (my mothers name)
Betty (my grandmothers name)
Elli
Elliot

Let me know what you think of these names. I am considering them as well for baby #3 (if girl)

Thanks ladies! those are all interesting!

Funny enough my son is named Elliot :D i like it for a boy and a girl but i much much prefer for it on a boy.

So i think we found a name we love :D Cicily [SIS-ə-lee] or Cecilia [sə-SEEL-yə]. I love the nn Sissy. ....does that sound bad? what are honest opinions?

Oh I love those names, Guppy. Especially Cecily :) And calling her sissy is pretty cute. My son sometimes calls his sister sissy and i find myself doing the same.

I also love your sons name. I just love the name, for either boy or girl :)

Bumping. I swear i change my mind on a daily basis :lol: im really digging Lilah [LIE-lah] and Ella but if course the latter is popular :dohh:

I like Elidh but its pronounced Ayli or Ayleigh so cute xx

I love Cecelia

Celeste
Zoe
Milana/Milena nn Mila
Stella
Shiloh
Rafaella
Grazia
Lux
Paloma
Elspeth