• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Rasberry Tea

Babydance

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Someone said (i cant remember where) that you can actually drink rasberry tea right from 1st tri.
I was going to start it at 30 weeks, when did you ladies start it?

Thanks

xxx

I was curious about it too. Asked my midwife yesterday and she said that she'd reccommend it from 32 weeks onwards. It is meant to help a great deal with the second stage of labour.

As I am 39 weeks now I though it'd be pointless to drink it but she said to start as it will help even at this late stage.

Hope it helps x :)

i asked my mw and she told me i could have it from 35w...everywhere seems to vary though...x

Do midwifes recommend it? My midwife barely even knows what i look like, my last app was 8 mins long!! lol

How much are you suppose to drink of it per day for it to help in any way?

i have bought the tablets from Holland & Barratt, i took them to my mw appointment just to check with her. i'm only ever in with the mw about 10mins tops. it wasn't the mw who recommended them, it was my cousin who had both her boys on their due date and easy births xx

i have bought the tablets from Holland & Barratt, i took them to my mw appointment just to check with her. i'm only ever in with the mw about 10mins tops. it wasn't the mw who recommended them, it was my cousin who had both her boys on their due date and easy births xx

Thanks hun, what did your MW say? When you buy them in H&B do they advise you atall?

xx

i only took them to mw because on the back of the pack it said to seek medical advice if pregnant....so i took them to her and she said that they were fine to take. H&B didnt advise me at all but i've read on a few other posts that ladies have been told not to take them before a certain stage (can't remember what they said though) I'm just going to start at 35w and hope they help! x

Hi just a question why do they say drink raspberry tea?

Hi just a question why do they say drink raspberry tea?

Hey hun, it helps strengthen the uterus and soften the cervix. It can help some women labour faster when the time comes too xx

Thanks hun, what did your MW say? When you buy them in H&B do they advise you atall?

xx

H&B told me that they couldn't advise pregnant women on rasberry leaf tea and said to ask my midwife. My MW didn't tell me how much to drink however I am due on Monday so it may not make a difference anyway. I am sure I heard that there may be a guideline for earlier on in pregnancy, I don't know though. Hope someone else may be of more help. xx

It doesn't only help with pg related things, this website tells about more of the benefits.
I've been drinking it since he beginning of 1st tri.

It doesn't only help with pg related things, this website tells about more of the benefits.
I've been drinking it since he beginning of 1st tri.

Thats a fab site hunny thanks for that, didnt realise it had so many benifits. Can i ask how much youre taking? xx

I bought some from holland and barratt yesterday and on the packet it says avoid in early stages of pregnancy

I've had at least a cup a day, sometimes ill have 2 depending on if I remember, or if i feel in the mood to have another :) I'll start increasing it to 2 cups a day for sure with in the next couple of weeks then by 35 weeks ill be on about 3 a day, ect :hug:

I bought some from holland and barratt yesterday and on the packet it says avoid in early stages of pregnancy

snap, and all the sites ive read say avoid in early pregnancy cos it makes your uterus contract. I started at 36 x 1 tea, 37 x 2, and will increase weekly to 4

I've heard that it's really good to drink it afterwards too, helps everything get back to normal more quickly apparently. I think I'm going to start drinking it pretty soon.

Do you guys think its safe to start at 30 weeks? If so how much? I want to have the tea not th capsules. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"