Rash? HELP! ***LONG Update p 4***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Armywife, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Hi ladies,

Just a quick question, the skin on my boobs and tummy has been really sore today and since just after lunch i have had a horrible blotchy purple rash all over my chest and tummy. Its not raised and dissapears when pressed (my mother has passed on her fear of meningitis to me so was the first thing i checked!). The skin is itchy and really hot to touch. I've not used an new products and its not present anwhere else on my body. Any ideas? It would happen on a bank holiday wouldn't it!!! :rofl:

2. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

sorry no ideas. are you able to contact your midwife or even NHS direct?

3. kaygeebee

kaygeebee Mum & Cautiously Pregnant

Try NHS direct - it could be a heat rash but my heat rashes are normally raised.
    I do get a purple rash occasionally from low platelets (which is rare but can be more common in pregnancy) - however - that one normally does NOT disappear under a glass (which makes NHS direct send me straight to A&E!) so it doesn't sound like that...

Try NHS direct hun - just to have your mind put at rest. x

4. Armywife

Called NHS direct, they said because its bank holiday they are really busy. Took my details and symptoms and said someone will call me back in 4 hours. :hissy: 4 HOURS :hissy:!!! Jesus! :cry:

Am really worrying now, their website said if you are pg and develop a rash call them or mw immediately :cry:

5. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

try washing it down in cold water.. put on a cotton vest or top with no bra.. and see if it still is itchy.

You will be surprised but olive oil is a great itch relief.. I used to use it on prickly heat rashes I used to get when I was young!

6. Armywife

I had a cool shower at about 7pm to see if it cooled me down and i've been sat with a loose cotton t shirt on since then - with no bra. I bet its nothing, it just always happens on a friday night or a bank holiday! Like toothache over Christmas!

Thanks for the advice, hope you're feeling better x x x

7. Sam_Star

Sam_Star Mummy to a Battle Maiden

I didnt want to read and run hun hope your feeling okay!!

8. scottishgal

scottishgal Guest

hi hun any news just read ur post i dont know u but hope ur ok thinking of u xx hope u get it sorted

9. Armywife

Still waiting.... =(

10. scottishgal

scottishgal Guest

oh hunni how is the rash now? i hope its not itching as much for you i had a rash a few weeks ago and it went luckly but i did contact mw well she replied when she turned her phone on only numb i had for her took her 2days !!

11. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

My friend has this I think, have any turned into boils? Hers is a pregnancy thing (hormones) and can clear up by itself. They can't give her anything for it, not sure of the name hon but go and see your doctor just incase or phone NHS direct (wait just seen you've done this).

12. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Hope they get back to you soon hun - sounds like it is probably one of those stupid things that appear right at the wrong time ( like an easter weekend) - fingers crossed they can sort you out xxx

13. Armywife

I called mw but there was a message saying as its bank holiday they are unavailable, leave a message or call delivery if its urgent...thats helpful! Didn't bother leaving a message. The rash is just getting hotter and hotter and redder and redder. Its not mega itchy but is really uncomfortable, i've put some aloe vera gel on it from the fridge but it just got as hot as my skin after a few seconds and now i'm all sticky too!!! :hissy:

14. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

How about going to A&E hon? They can check your blood pressure for things like P/E. Are you swelling?

15. Armywife

NHS just called back...said i need to go to A&E. Because it sounds like a viral infection and the rash sounds similar to that of measles and slapped cheek i need to go and get checked. Also because i'm currently off work with high blood pressure and keep having bad nose bleeds.

My nearest A&E is Blackpool...Blackpool on a bank holiday saturday night in A&E???!!! Can you imagine??? I might just leave it till morning?

16. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

Blimey!! Well how far is Blackpool from you? miles wise?
    It probably will be busy too.. easter saturday night? pissed up louts clogging the place up from falling over??
    lol

...try a cold press.. wet flannel.. fan on by the bed.. try to sleep.. if its no better get yourself to A&E hun. Cant take any risks in the second Tri.

I am feeling a lot better thanks babes. x I am calling into docs/A&E myself probably tomorrow just to ask advice from an on duty MW. Bloody Easter weekend n' all!
    These things will happen to us at the worst times eh?

17. Lorien

Lorien Well-Known Member

I'd go in. I was in the ER with a stomachache on Thursday night and as soon as they realized I was pregnant, I was seen very quickly. The drunks can wait!

18. Sam_Star

Sam_Star Mummy to a Battle Maiden

Hope your okay today sweetie x x x x x x

19. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

hey hunni. hope you've gone to A&E to sort it out!! :hugs:

20. ShadowRat

ShadowRat Well-Known Member

Hey there, been watching your thread and hoping that you're ok! Any news? Did you get yourself to A&E? Hope it turns out to be something minor...

:hug:
    Thinking of you sweetie!

Shadow xx