Rash? HELP! ***LONG Update p 4***

I live in blackpool too and had to go to a+E with my first for bleeding i was there 45 minuites and got placed over all the drunkards, they take pregnancy very seriously. if your still having the rash go to the hospital or ring your drs who will have information on emergancy out of hours doctors and you might even get a home visit :)

Hope its gone today xx

Hey sweetie, hows things today?

Hiya,

Well, i decided against A&E last night. Fell asleep expecting it to be gone thjis morning onl to wake up 10 times worse than i was last night! Went to walk in centre and they were useless! Basically told me to go to A&E anyway!!! Jesus! Just come home to grab some lunch and a hospital bag to leave in the car just in case.

Walk in centre seem to think its slapped cheek disease? I've never really heard of it but she said it can affect baby even if i feel ok. I'm dreading turning up and saying 'I've got a rash...' Haha, they'll think i'm such a time waster!

Thanks for all the advice and reassurance ladies. I will, of course, keep you all updated x x x

give me a tx when you seen someone hun. i did text you earlier this morning but my phone been playing up so not sure if you got it. :hug:

I'm glad to hear you're off to A&E - I think it's definitely the wisest thing to do. Like the Walk-In Centre ladies said, even if you feel fine, it may affect baby in different ways that you can't feel right now. I REALLY don't think you should think of yourself as a time waster. It is clearly not going away on its own, and might be something more serious that could harm baby, so it is definitely not a waste of time to get it properly checked out. Hopefully, of course, it will be simple enough to fix, but it's just not worth risking baby's health, and much better to get it sorted :D

Good luck honey, let us know how you get on when you get home. And DON'T FEEL BAD about going to A&E, you hear? lol

:hug:
Shadow xx

Aww hon. When you're pregnant I think they will cut you slack. You've got to make sure haven't you?

Hope it's nothing :hug:

Its also known as Parvovirus. (Different from the Dog kind lol) Over here in the usa they test you for the antibodies for it as part of your pregnancy bloodwork .. not sure about back home?

I have the antibodies, but from what I understand there is no actual vaccination for it, its something you develop once you've had it.
, so I guess I had it when I was a kid but no one in my family remembers it. (Advice to me from my OB)

I was just reading up on it during pregnancy and it said: "If you're not immune and you contract the virus during pregnancy, your baby will most likely be fine. There's about a 1 in 3 chance that parvovirus will be passed through the placenta to a baby, but even among these babies, the vast majority do well and have no problems or signs of infection."

All I did was google "Parvovirus during pregnancy" There's a wealth of information about it :)

Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Hiya,

Well, i decided against A&E last night. Fell asleep expecting it to be gone thjis morning onl to wake up 10 times worse than i was last night! Went to walk in centre and they were useless! Basically told me to go to A&E anyway!!! Jesus! Just come home to grab some lunch and a hospital bag to leave in the car just in case.

Walk in centre seem to think its slapped cheek disease? I've never really heard of it but she said it can affect baby even if i feel ok. I'm dreading turning up and saying 'I've got a rash...' Haha, they'll think i'm such a time waster!

Thanks for all the advice and reassurance ladies. I will, of course, keep you all updated x x x

Hi hun, Hope you are okay and A&E have found out whats wrong, will pop back later to see if there is an update, thinking of you, take care :hugs: XX

Any update hon, so glad you decided to go and like the ladies said you'll get fast tracked. Best to be on the safe side. x

hope all is well with you. i dont know much about slapped cheek and only heard of it a month ago when one of my colleagues children had it and had to let them know i was pregnant so they would keep their distance.
Hope all is well with you. thinking of you xx

Hi all, well...what a kerfuffle!

First i went to A&E, was checked in at 3.40 and was seen at 4.30 - not too bad! Or so i thought! We were sat in a side room and a man appeared (aparrently a doctor although i remain to be convinced!). He asked me how many weeks pregnant i was - the conversation went as follows:

Dr:'How many weeks pregnant?'
Me: '22'
Dr: '20 weeks then?'
Me: ' No, 22 weeks'
Dr: '26 weeks?'
Me: 'NO 22 WEEKS!'

He then asked if i had been taking any new medication, i said no but explained my concerns about slapped cheek he asked 'Whats that?' I said 'I think its a viral infection' he left the room. Came back 5 minutes later and said, 'According to the book (???) its viral, self limiting and not contagious you can go home' Hubby and i looked at each other not really knowing what to say. HE HADNT EVEN LOOKED AT THE RASH!!! I had explained i'd had blood pressure problems but he hadn't checked my blood pressure or temperature! I asked if it was definately slapped cheek then and he just shrugged! Before we had chance to say anything he'd gone and there was (and this is no exaggeration) not one nurse or doctor around who wasn't with a patient and reception was so busy i couldnt even see the front of the line. So we left. Hubby was FUMING i was crying and didn't know what to do. Called my mum and she said to go to walk in centre again and tell them what had happened so off we went...got to walk in centre and they were not happy, as the nurse said, how can he diagnose slapped cheek when he hadn't even seen the rash and didn't know what the rash looked like anyway as he didn't know what it was! They took my temperature and it was high although my blood pressure was ok. They said they think it's an allergic reaction but as its a bad rash over a large area and we have no idea what its an allergy to i need to keep a close eye on my breathing and look out for any swelling or blistering and if i do get any sickness/pain/headaches i have to go back to A&E.

I feel so let down by the hospital and it has really dented my confidence in them should i need any treatment during my pregnancy. They didn't even check me over and that is very scary in my opinion.

Sorry its such a long rant and is probably confusing and thank you all for your advice and concern x x x

awww huni :hugs: did laugh at the convo tho!! some doctors are idiots! hope the rash goes xxxxxxxx

I know! He hardly spoke english and i'm sure he had no idea why i was there really! xxx

Oh, forgot to say...the woman on reception at the walk in centre asked how pregnant i am and when i said 22 weeks she said 'WOW! You're HUGE! I'd have guessed 30 weeks! I'd hate to be you in 18 weeks!' Haaaaaaaaaaa! I was partly pleased as my bump is obviously growing but i couldn't help being a little offended! She tried to cover by saying its because i have a small frame and its all bump but the damage was done!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

sorry to hear the doctor was rubbish. at least the walk in centre was a bit better the second time around.
look after yourself. x

:hugs: so sorry they were crap. next time demand to see someone else you are within your rights too. x

Oh what a pain!! I mean, if it IS slapped cheek, then it seems that it's likely not going to be too harmful to you or baby... But what a total IDIOT of a "doctor" !!! I'd be fuming too if I were you. I agree with Pippin though: Next time, demand a second opinion: You are well within your rights to get that! He was clearly a complete moron.
For now though, just take the walk-in centre ladies' advice: ANY swelling or breathing probs, go STRAIGHT back to A&E pronto, and this time demand to see someone who has a clue what they're doing!
I wouldn't let it worry you too much for later pregnancy stuff: The people in the A&E places are so often total numbskulls (lol) but I'll bet there's a pretty decent labour ward, and those guys will actually have a clue how to deal with pregnant ladies!!

:hug:
Shadow xx

P.S. I'd be PROUD to hear that your bump is nice and big if I were you! Hehehe she prolly meant it in a really nice way hehehe xxx

Aww hun, what a horrible experience, Im glad the walk in centre was a bit better this time. I really hope the rash goes soon, take care :hugs: XX

Oh, forgot to say...the woman on reception at the walk in centre asked how pregnant i am and when i said 22 weeks she said 'WOW! You're HUGE! I'd have guessed 30 weeks! I'd hate to be you in 18 weeks!' Haaaaaaaaaaa! I was partly pleased as my bump is obviously growing but i couldn't help being a little offended! She tried to cover by saying its because i have a small frame and its all bump but the damage was done!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: why do people feel they need to say we look bigger than we are!! whats the harm in a lil white lie saying they only thought you were 12 weeks! :rofl:

OH MY GOD! what an idiot!

Glad your semi sorted now try and relax now stressing makes it worse. i had a rash when i was about 16 weeks they said it was an illergic reaction (at the walk in clinic) and when i cired or got angry it showed up 3 times worse!

Good news is everything is back to normal tomorrow so if you do get worse you can call your midwife rather than go a & E :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->