rash? pic included u

Kirsty1003

mummy to Isabelle
Reaction score
https://s11.postimg.org/ws2uhbnan/20130605_083846.jpg

Anyone know what these spots could be? A few days ago she had tiny pimples all over hee belly, took her to the docs and she said nothing to worry about it! That night she started with a cough and a cold...shea not got like a dry rash on her arms behind her knees and these spots on her chest. There's a couple of like pus filled spots on her arms and behind her knees! She seems absolutely fine in herself, no temp! Should I take her back to the docs?

I would say chicken pox too.....or maybe a viral infection.

Hope you get some answers x

Ha just re read my post and it makes no sense at all :/ yep chickenpox was my first guess too, don't really wanna take her to docs if it is theres always a lot of old people and young babies in there :(

i thought chickenpox wasnt contagious after the spots had come out? Id phone docs and ask them if ok to take her in first. x

I'm not sure, but I'd take her back to the doctor. Sometimes they miss things - they're only human. Or sometimes what seems mild turns into something more severe. I've taken my daughter to the doctor for colds that were nothing, but have had to return because they get worse and become ear infections.

Better safe than sorry!

Take to the doctors. They will have a side room or empty consultation room to pop you and baby in in case it is contagious. They should always do this for any type of rash.

Rang my docs this afternoon and asked me to describe it, then they said theyre almost 100% certain it is chickenpox and not to take her in(its a tiny doctors, I really dont think they have anywhere to put her while we wait) I went to mymums though this afternoon and she works in a doctors so she asked one to check her and yep chickenpox! Poor little bubba, my oh had shingles 2 weeks ago, didnt realise you can catch it from that so she must have caught it then, shes been really off it for a week or so but seems back to her normal self now the spots have come out, must be over the worse just hope she doesnt get too itch!

Bath her in baking soda everyday works a treat and she shouldn't itch . Also I remember reading on here not to give ibuprofen such as nurofen if she has temp. Can't remember why. I was also told by a pharmacist too. Hope they clear up for her soon x

No nurofen? Why??? I just gave her that before bed cause she seemed really uncomfortable...im a bit worried now

I just googled as I'd not heard this about ibuprofen with chickenpox. NHS info below (looks like most of the time it would be fine just not preferred if there's a choice

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chickenpox/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Okidoki thanks! No more nurofen from now on, to be honest she doesnt have a high temp shes just very grumpy and seemed uncomfortable, feel bad for even giving her anything now but hate to think of her in discomfort :(

Oh sorry didn't mean to worry you. I gave it to my lo too then I was told not too. she was fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->