raspberry leaf tea knowledge??

ezbabydust

Reaction score
Hiya ladies

I've heard that Raspberry leaf tea helps for labour in strenghening the uterus.
Also it might help with shortening the lengh of labour.
Are you taking Raspberry leaf tea? How does it feel for you?
What's more effective the tablets or tea?
If you have any knowledge on it please educate this sister lol.
Would be really appreciated...:) :) :) :)

XXX

Oh...and you start taking it from 34 weeks right?
You won't go into pre-term labour will you?sorry to sound a bit daft.. :( :)

You can start drinking one cup a day from 32 weeks and increase it each fortnight. However I found it made my BH too strong so I've stopped drinking it altogether. I may start again when I get to 37 weeks

You ned to be the judge of what dosage is right for you.

Personally i prefer the tablets, you know what mg your taking and the tea tastes awful.

i started taking RLT tablets at 32 weeks with my first and at 30 weeks with my second. My tablets are 750mg each. i was taking one tablet a day up to 32 weeks, then increased it to two, and then started taking 3 at 34 weeks. i continued to take three tablets a day until last week when i ran out, and now I'm on the tea. i stew the tea until its luke warm and down it (because i don't like it) i have around 5 cups a day but have no idea what mg each cup holds but it seems to be consistent with what i was feeling when taking the tablets. x

My midwife just spoke to me about this.

She said she would advise taking four tablets a day (tea apparently isnt nice) from 37 weeks. She said she can tell instantly who's taken it and who hasn't when they go into labour. She said it makes the contractions more effective and hopefully get you to have a 'quicker' labour :thumbup:

Although shes told me only to take 2-3 a day as my labour was pretty quick last time :haha:

She said she would advise taking four tablets a day (tea apparently isnt nice) from 37 weeks. She said she can tell instantly who's taken it and who hasn't when they go into labour. She said it makes the contractions more effective and hopefully get you to have a 'quicker' labour :thumbup:

Although shes told me only to take 2-3 a day as my labour was pretty quick last time :haha:

Yes, I heard that too-if you had a short labour to not take as much or not at all. But I am still going for 4 cups a day even though it was only 4 hours last time-the faster the better in my eyes :haha:
xx

Yes, I heard that too-if you had a short labour to not take as much or not at all. But I am still going for 4 cups a day even though it was only 4 hours last time-the faster the better in my eyes :haha:
xx

Mine was three, im hoping for quicker but i dont want the contractions to be suddenly too intense as its quick iykwim! :rofl:

Holland and Barratt do them. And they are usually included in the offers that they have, whether it's the Buy one get one free or the buy another for 1p.

I've been taking the tablets for a couple of weeks now, and planning to up my dosage again today.

Ive had like 4 cups in a day and im currently on my first of the day at the moment...

does nothing for me and ive been drinking it a week.

Iv started on 1 cup a day and it hasnt done anything for me, not a braxton hicks in sight...nothing! Im just drinking it for a hopeful quicker labour and it has lots of vitamins that are good for you and baby in it :) xx

Hey ladies

So far I've seen/had people mention, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, perinium(sp?!) massage, clary sage and probably others that my baby brain has blocked out!

I think I'm fairly up to speed on RLT but am pretty clueless about everything else!

Can anyone fill me in?!xx

Oh no sorry all! Not sure how I managed to post a new thread here. I'm rubbish today!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->