Raspberry leaf tea

vicky.uk

Reaction score
have any of you got any advice or experience on this stuff?

Its supposed to speed up the 2nd stage of labour (the pushing stage)
Not induce labour, its safe to take from around 34-36wks pregnant x

I've been taking it since 32 weeks and have anything from 4 - 6 teabags a day. I'm just hoping for a quick labour lol! x

I'm going to start tomorrow.. and I'm 31+1.
Here in the US they say it's safe to drink throughout your pregnancy.. since it doesn't induce labor, it just tones your uterus to make the contractions more effective (quicker and less painful labor)..
Also after labor it'll help your uterus go back to it's original size and it helps to reduce the cramping that comes with that.
It's also said to help for your milk to come in.

did any of you seek advice before taking it? should i ask before taking it or is it ok to just start it

there's no harm seeking advice, but your midwife will just say start with 1 cup a day and build it up every two weeks and see how you go, any adverse reactions then stop. I just jumped straight in with 2 cups a day, got some strong BH after, but that's it!

I asked my midwife when I could start taking it. She said go ahead.
I'm going to start with 1 cup until 34 weeks then 2 till 36 then 3 and prolly at 37 weeks 4 or more.

Midwife might tell you to wait until 36 weeks.

I started at 34 and am now on 6 a day. I don't get BH when I drink it though. The real test will be when i'm in labour..............

my acupuncturist advised to start at 34 weeks - i would drink 3 or 4 a day. never gave me bh, but i never got bh at all as far as im aware.
tbh, i dont think it did much for me... i was in labour for 24 hours all up, although i dont think i had a terrible labour.
it did give me something to do all day tho!! and it felt like i was doing something constructive iykwim. i would do it again anyway, as who knows, maybe my labour would have been worse without it??
but, after i had my babe, the midwifes were suprised at how quickly my uterus shrunk afterwards - perhaps its related.
and yes, its very good for bf!

have any of you got any advice or experience on this stuff?

Here's a good briefing on RLT: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

supposed to speed up the 2nd stage of labour (the pushing stage)
and its lush

well thank you all very much ladies, both my last labours were 22 hours each, and i had read that it is good for after birth, so what do you all think to the taste of it? is it nice? im going to buy some today i think

Hiya,

I have been drinking RLT since week 32. I did ask the midwife first and she said it was fine but to buy the capsules as the tea taste disgusting. I had already bought the tea though so I tried it anyway and I dont know what shes on about, I think it tastes delicious! Saying that I regularly drink herbal/fruity teas so i'm used to those kind of drinks. If you arent used to it you might find the first one a bit bitter/tart, may be an aqquired taste lol.

It is an aquired taste I agree and it's definately not my favourite! I have it with a teaspoon of sweetner/sugar, others have had it with a splash of ribena. I have read from numerous sources that the tea is far more effective than the capsules (and 10 times cheeper) so it will all be worth it hopefully! Also, if you're like me and you cant bring yourself to make those six cups a day, double up on teabags & leave to stew for a bit longer. One in the morning, one early afternoon and one early evening! x

I bought some today in holland and Barrett and it was buy one get one half price :happydance:. Went for the tea bags rather than the tablets as it was cheaper.

Have had 2 cups today, isnt my favourite drink i have to say! but will see what happens, it worked for my sister.

I actually had my first cup today.. thought it was going to be nasty as I read so many posts saying it was nasty..
To me it just tastes like tea.. I like it.
I left the bag in the tea cup for 10 mins and it said to cover the cup so I did.
No weird braxton hicks or anything!

Oh I dont think it taste like anything really lol

and I wait till I am thirsty and make it so it goes down easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->