Rather annoyed! Not what was said...

Karlielkc

Pregnant (expecting) 1st
Reaction score
HIya all,

Well i wanted the salisbury nursery set for my nursery and found that it was aboe my budget. So i googled it, coming with someone in london who had one..he said it was in excellent condition etc, it has arrived yesterday after me sorting out courier for it all (cotbed, wardrobe and chest of drawers witrh changer on top) and the changer on top is nearly coming off as wrong screws have been used, the front has been drawn on slightly, and its not what he said! He said there was no markings on it, it was like brand new..still like it, but im just a bit disappointed :-( going to go to b and q this afternoon to get some stencils for the room i can do. x

Sorry for rant but had to say it..x

Oh dear, take a pic of the damage and question them over it

Bless you hunny, if you don't mind me asking how much did he charge you? xxx

He charged me £200 then i had the courier for £60 x

i would send it back you could have bought this brand new https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140361954061&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Let us know how you get on xxx

I've sent him the following email: -

Hi ****,

I have received the nursey furniture yesterday and needed to take apart the cot bed as wouldnt come through the door. On doing so it seems when you put it together you push the metal tiny poles into the side of the wood so far you cant get them out. You said there was slight drawing on top of the chaningg table which would be covered with a mat. But there is drawing all up the end of the cot and on the front of the drawers. The changing top is coming off the chest of drawers due to the split in wood as the screw was put in wrongly causing wood to split.

If i'm honest I am very disappointed that you informed me it was in excellent condition and nothing wrong. I feel you have lied. As to me its not in excellent condition, had i known it was like this I would have just ordered one instead of going to the trouble of getting a courier. Should this have been on Ebay I would be placing a dispute with yourself.

Sorry but I have to tell you how I feel as I am rather upset that you weren't honest with me.

Karlie

But I bought it from him an advertisement on gumtree you see. So what can i do about that? Plus if I sent it back would cost me another £60 to return it all to him. I doubt he would give me my money back and pay for the courier as well. Im just so upset by this.

I have managed to get some of the drawing off with pencil rubber, but surely you would be honest about these things., i just dont get how people are rrady to rip you off :-(

Sorry for the rant just rathe upset by this! xx

If it isn't as described then you've got rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which states that the item should be as described when buying from a private trader.

Send him a recorded delivery letter stating:

-What you brought
-When you brought it
-How much you paid
-What the problem is

-State it's 'not as described' as that's the term used in the legislation
-Ask for a repair/replacement/refund
-Set a reasonable date for him to carry out your request

-Keep it concise & reasonable

I used to work for Consumer Direct so if you need a hand, send me a PM.

If it isn't as described then you've got rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 which states that the item should be as described when buying from a private trader.

Send him a recorded delivery letter stating:

-What you brought
-When you brought it
-How much you paid
-What the problem is

-State it's 'not as described' as that's the term used in the legislation
-Ask for a repair/replacement/refund
-Set a reasonable date for him to carry out your request

-Keep it concise & reasonable

I used to work for Consumer Direct so if you need a hand, send me a PM.

^^^^ Thats excellent advice!!!! xxx

PM-d you back with an outline just in case you don't get the notifications, mine stay there for ages sometimes :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->