Rather Urgent HELP!! All sorted .. thank you

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Farie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me posting inhere but I'm only about 7 days off TTC for 12 months and I have a question I'm really hoping you can rather urgently answer ....

So today I O'd (CD23 VERY late:dohh:) and I'm meant to be having my 21 day bloods taken today (yes I know its late but that 'cos I have a slightly longer cycle than usual)
    Dr recommended CD23 for the bloods .. but I think she thought (as did I) that I'd have O'd by then ....

So .. my question .. do I go today or try to go tomorrow/Friday and leave it a little till after O?
    I have read conflicting reports on the web, some say it should be 7 days after O and some say & days before AF?

I hate having blood taken with a passion but am all geared up for this .. but would rather not have to have it done multiple times cos of my STUPID body :hissy:

Suggestion please? Do I go today as I'm 7 days before AF, or do I wait for a few days till O has passed?

*updated below*

2. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

In my personal opinion I think you should wait a few days after O before getting CD21 bloods done. Although I would give your Gyno, or GP a call, whoever ordered the tests. They will tell you exactly what to do, and you're not getting jabbed for nothing.

Good luck.

3. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Ok, gotta run if I'm going :hugs: so I think I'll go and explain to the Dr if the results come back wonky. Fingers crossed its 7 days before AF its needed ....
    Arghhh stupid short LP and late O .. not a good combination :dohh:
    Although I think I O'd yesterday ... just a hunch and I had pains which I dont have at all today.

*edited to say thank you :hugs: neyney; just called the Dr and the receptionist was about as much help as a chocolate fireguard. just said ... "well if the Dr said day 23 go on day 23"
    Heyho .. I'm going to have to get used to needles aren't I?!? :rofl:

4. rachelle1975

rachelle1975 And then there were 3!!

Hey chick

I wouldn't definitely wait.
    My GP said 21 days (give or take if it fell on a weekend) and if AF hadn't come by 7 days later to go for a re-test. When i asked if i should wait if i knew i had ovulated late he said yes - if i was sure then go 5 days post O.
    Where you going for bloods? GP or Hospital?
    Good luck hun xx

5. Beckic

Beckic TTC no 1

Hope it all went OK honey - its awful when you dont like needles.

Bx x :hugs:

6. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Hey girls - thank you for all your advice :hugs:
    Well it went ok, I guess thats the benefit of going to the hospital where the nurses take blood all day every day! She was SO quick!!! :rofl: I was very brave and rewarded myself with nice underwear and hair straighteners :rofl: God bless DF's work incentive voucher scheme ... I love spending 'free' money!

Nurse was sweet as I told her about O and my LP etc and she said she'd make a note of it and I could always get re-tested, but she seemed pretty sre that it needed to be approx 7 days before AF (check!) but after O .. (may be not so check?!!?)
    She said that with my cycle it was always going to be hard but as I get spotting nearer O was better than nearer AF .. if you see what I mean?
    I'm 99% sure I O'd early yesterday (I think CBFM has given me a PEAK today as I missed the POAS in CD21 .. so its making up and making sure I get 2 PEAKs - if you know what I mean, despite the 1st PEAK should have been on CD21?)

Heyhooo will find out on Tues I guess!