Rational mind vs emotional mind

Jamie0987

Reaction score
I was getting BPFs in the days leading up to AF, the day AF was due and the day after AF was due. I was two days late (last night) and I started spotting. I woke up this morning and the bleeding is dark red (and there's so much along with clotting) and now I'm cramping in my lower back and in my pelvic area. My rational mind keeps piping up saying "but it's okay. Think about the fact that you'd have thanksgiving, a birthday, then Christmas and then another birthday!" But my emotional mind keeps poking at me going "that was a baby! What went wrong! What did I do wrong? How could this happen?" And that's when I start crying all over again. Can anyone tell me what I should be doing now? Can I even say this is a miscarriage or a chemical? Is there such a thing as false positives and this is just my period?

I was getting BPFs in the days leading up to AF, the day AF was due and the day after AF was due. I was two days late (last night) and I started spotting. I woke up this morning and the bleeding is dark red (and there's so much along with clotting) and now I'm cramping in my lower back and in my pelvic area. My rational mind keeps piping up saying "but it's okay. Think about the fact that you'd have thanksgiving, a birthday, then Christmas and then another birthday!" But my emotional mind keeps poking at me going "that was a baby! What went wrong! What did I do wrong? How could this happen?" And that's when I start crying all over again. Can anyone tell me what I should be doing now? Can I even say this is a miscarriage or a chemical? Is there such a thing as false positives and this is just my period?

Have you done another test?
I would go to the doctor and get checked out, Ive never had BFP but it sounds really awful how youre feeling, and I think the only person who could help in your particular situation is the doctor.
Goodluck hun, try not to get so upset, xxxxxx

I haven't done another test. I'll be heading to the doctor's office tomorrow morning but mostly just for a confirmation. Thank you for your reply

Aw Jamie it cant be easy really praying for u tmrw doc reassures u everything is fine! It's completely ok to feel that way took me months to get my head round my mc & in the end i just told myself u only mc wen something did go wrong & the pregnancy fails so God knew best & i accepted it & moved on ttc again having faith i will conceive again wen my time is right & hopefully next time everything wil work out fine I'm hoping everything is ok for u tmrw. I know my sis bled for 2 months through her pregnancy & everythng turned out fine but if ur having pain & clots get checked hun either way so u get answers x

try not to get so upset, as you dont know whats happened yet, it could be a normal bleed, alot of women get bleeding during pregnancy....
Goodluck hun try and get some rest and not worry x

good luck, I hope it turns out to just be a bleed. around 11 weeks into my pregnancy I had the same thing. and I spent 2 or 3 days crying myself to sleep before I could get a scan. when I did though my baby girl was just fine. and they could find no reason for the bleeding. she is now 2.5 and fast asleep next to me as I type.

hope its similar good news for you :) :hugs:

Destiny08 you had cramping and clotting too? I'll find out tomorrow what's going on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thank you all for your replies and kind words

Destiny08 you had cramping and clotting too? I'll find out tomorrow what's going on. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thank you all for your replies and kind words

yea I did, and a LOT of blood. at 1 point when DH asked if I needed to go to the hospital I replied 'I dont know. but theres a lot. I think its a miscarriage.' I was completely convinced. they said they found blood on my cervix but had no idea where it all originated. I did end up having pre eclampsia, but no idea if that had anything to do with the bleeding at the beginning. and all was well at the end!

keeping fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

I really hope that it's nothing to worry about but if it is, then please don't blame yourself. Miscarriages so early along are almost invariably due to chromosome issues, meaning that the baby would never have developed correctly. This is nothing you did or didn't do: it's nature's way of only allowing the strongest babies to grow. It happens so often but women don't normally realize that they're pregnant: you only know because you took the tests.

It doesn't mean anything in terms of your future fertility unless it keeps happening, so please don't worry in that respect.

False positives are extremely rare.

Well ladies, I simply couldn't wait and I went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and took blood. There is no sac and my numbers are at 1.67. The doctor said I probably miscarried a couple of days ago. Thank you all for the words of kindness and encouragement. We'll be taking up to a nine month break from TTC. Although I didn't cause nor could I do anything to stop this loss I'm taking it as a sign from my body to get healthy before trying for another baby. I also feel much better after talking to my mother who was kind enough to point out (very loudly) "there is no rush!!! You're doctor said she didn't want to see you for TWO years. Your baby is only fifteen months. She told you to wait two years to get pregnang and that was for your health. Give your body a break, honey! It takes time to heal." She's right, and I wanted to change my diet, start exercising, and get onto an actual sleep schedule. I'm sad, but I'm okay. A baby will come when it's suppose to come. If that means I don't get pregnant until December, well, that's okay. I'll continuing rooting for you all! Baby dust to all!!

So sorry - what sad news.

Your attitude sounds incredible though. What a lucky future baby to have a mum who'll give it the best possible start :) Take care of yourself: the months will fly by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->