Re-Scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Let it be, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Let it be

Let it be Well-Known Member

Have many people had to be rescanned after their 20/21 week scan?

I have got to go back tomorrow and have another scan, very excited about seeing my baby again, but wondered how common this was

2. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

have they said why?

I had my 20 week scan and a second scan at 21 weeks as they couldn't do the bottom half of the baby at the 20 week scan due to it's position.

3. Let it be

They said that they couldn't see all 4 chambers of the heart properly. She said that it was nothing to worry about and that the heart was beating fine, but that they have to tick the box to say that they have seen it so to speak.

4. chele

Oh yeah I wouldn't worry, baby was probably in an awkward position and they have to check these things. Fret not

5. chele

oh and good luck, I thought it was a great extra having an additional scan, and all was good with mine as it will be with yours

6. Let it be

Thanks for that. They have rebooked me for tomorrow - I can't wait to see the baby again. The baby was being naughty throughout the whole thing ha ha, it kicked the sonographers stick thing (not sure what it is called) and kept covering its face with its hands every time they tried to take a picture.

7. chele

hahah bless the little monkey, let us know how it goes x

8. Rozie_1985

Rozie_1985 Mummy To Joel

Oh how cool, we had to go back for a second time. Its nothing to worry about, as you have said its just to tick the box on the check list!! Enjoy!! xxx

9. Let it be

Chele - our babies must be due on the same day, I'm 23 weeks and 1 day today - I'm trying to get one of those ticker things, but I don't think my attempt has worked ha ha

10. sarahhoney

sarahhoney Mummy to Dylan

I had to go back for a second scan!

Little one was such a monkey first time but 2nd time was much clearer and everything was checked out!

11. cindi

cindi Mom of 4 girls

i wouldn't worry :) i had that happen with my 4th daughter kind of freaked me out a bit but things were just fine. It was the way she was layig they couldn't see all 4 chambers good enough.

12. Tasha360

Tasha360 Mum to four 6 and under

yh iv got to go for a detailed scan on my babys hearts at a specialsist hospital. I think its just a precaution because my son has a hole in his heart xx