• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Re-start breastfeeding?

daneuse27

Reaction score
My 13 month old has stopped breastfeeding. We gradually weaned until we just didn't do it any more (last nurse was about a week ago, or more.)

I have mixed feelings about us stopping. :cry: I keep wondering if I should have gone until Christmas to give her the extra nutrients and antibodies but then I worry that it would be harder to wean her then (I dont want to go until 2.)

Does anyone think its possible for me to start again at this point?

Yes. I haven't, but I am part of the breast is best group on Facebook & ladies talk about it from time to time. It's called relactating. From what I understand, you start over again. Lots of skin to skin, get LO to nurse even if nothing comes out, and pump every 2-3 hours. (From what I've read!) hope this helps.

I don't think you need to fully relactate if you nursed for 13 months and just stopped a week ago :flower: why don't you try offering and see what happens? A LC told me that my son who stopped at 11 months might decide to start again at 15 months when we're traveling, so if that's possible (which I'm not sure about myself to be honest...) then I would think you definitely have a chance.

It shouldn't be too hard. My daughter stopped for a couple of months before starting again. There's nothing to lose by giving it a go. I wouldn't have thought it would be any harder to wean her in a few months that you've found it this time. Good luck!

Oh sorry, that was unclear -- I meant, at what age did she stop for a couple months and then restart?

Oh sorry, that was unclear -- I meant, at what age did she stop for a couple months and then restart?

Ah! Sorry :D She was 3. Many of my friend have had similar experiences. One little girl stopped for about 6 months!

That is fascinating! Thanks for sharing. :) I wonder whether mine will ever go back...I would be surprised, but I'm still making milk, so he could!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"