Re-usable Baby Wipes - Swet Almond Oil?

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by josie-jo, Sep 2, 2009.

1. josie-jo

josie-jo Mummy to Mia

Hi Ladies,
    I was wondering if anyone has any hints about making your own reusable wipes. I have heard some really good ideas about using, muslin, j-cloth, terry toweling etc and to keep a few damp ones in a small tuppa wear for out and about usage, however I have also read somewhere about making great wipes from sweet almond and chamomile oils.
    Does anyone out there know anything about this, how is this done, is it safe, etc? And what are your opinions on good material for making wipes?
    Any advise great appreciated.
    Josie Jo xxx

2. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

hey hun i've made some wipes out of terry towelling on one side and egyptian cotton on the other..so far so good!!

as for a wipe solution i use...

2-3 drops of essential oil (lavendar or tea tree)
    squirt of baby wash
    1 tbsp olive oil
    about a cup of cooled chammomile tea or plain water (be warned tho the cham tea stains wpesps hun

sara

xxxxxxx

hope this hel

3. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

I just cut up an old flannel receiving blanlket for wipes. Some people buy the fancy ones, but I dont think it is necessary. I make my own solution too, I keep it in a mini spray bottle, I used water, a couple drops of baby oil and a squirt of oatmeal creme moisturizer and it works great.

4. princessellie

princessellie Pregnant with #3

where do you get this oatmeal cream moisturiser?

is it that aveno stuff?

x

5. josie-jo

josie-jo Mummy to Mia

Thanks Ladies, these are great tips, like the idea of cooled tea and the spray bottle. Think I might invest in a few plush wipes for a out of the house, but also liking the idea of recycling flannels and blankets.