Re-useable nappies

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Hello, I want to get on the bandwagon and try the re-usable nappies,
a- because it will save me money and i dont have much of it!
b- theyre softer

I dont know much about them though,
what brands are good? are they pretty easy to get the hang of?
I was gonna use disposables for the first month or so then switch cos they seem huge for newborn? any ideas/advice?

thanks in advance!

The best piece of advise anyone can give you is to try different brands out and see for yourself what suits and your baby. Buy a few trial packs and get a good variety going and before buying any kind of bundle. There are a variety of popular ones and then those that are perhpas less known.

I'd say most popular are mothercare smart nappies and bambino mios. They're both a 2 part with a prefold (nappy) and wrap (plastic waterproof pants if you will. Then there are bumgenius v3, and the blueberrys they're pocket nappies that you put an insert in but they have a microfibre cover to keep babies skin dry.There are also the itti bittis that are also popular and wee notions. Hope thats some help!

P.S. i found them a bit of a maze when i was reading up on them but once i purchased a nappy and could see what to do it all made much more sense!

One of the first things i did was find out if my local council did an incentive scheme and applied for that. Then i went to www.thenappylady.co.uk and completed their survey to see what they thought was the best nappy for us.

Do you have any specific questions on them? There are a few different types of nappies so it's a bit hard to generalise.

i just dont understand how they work, how do u clean them etc,
My friend used terry towels 3 yrs ago, and she soaked the towels in a bin, then washed them in the washing machine, and threw out old liners and used a new one each time, is that still the same?

Yea basically. For instance i use bumgenius V3's. All you need to do is stuff it, basically put the insert inside the pocket of the nappy and then it's ready to go. You can choose to use a flushable/ reusable liner if you wish. With flushable liners basically i just lie them down in the nappy, then when dirty remove. If the nappy is dirty (poo on it) i'll rinse it off with the shower. Then i leave in a bucket until wash day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->