Reaction to B6

loved2830

Baby #2 almost half way baked!
Reaction score
So when I went to the ER Wed the doc gave me B6 and an antihistamine to sleep that both help with nausea. I took the sleepy one and that helped so today I took the b6 pill. Well immediately I got hot and turned red. I felt like I was on fire!!!

I Google and found its a "flushing" effect. Has anyone else had this? I'm worried it effected the baby

flushing can happen from a lot of different vitamins. I've gotten it from a few different things but never while pregnant. i haven't read about it in a while so i may be wrong but i think it has to do with your cells opening up for oxygen. i have no clue if it effects the baby tho and you should probably call your doctor before you take it again

I take b6 but haven't ever experienced this. Is it a one time thing or is it likely to keep happening? Definitely talk to your doc.

I called my OB but no real answer..I've called 3x finally talked to a nurse she said my spotting and my reaction may not be related and to not take the niacin (b6) anymore. I tried bein seen by my GYN but the nurse said my insurance may not cover it since I'm pregnant. The OB won't see me until Jan 4. I called other OB office and they will see me on Friday but they are far and I do not want to deliver in that city or that hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->