Read up some stories online and worry

Mama2 AP007

Reaction score
I’m by calculations like 10 weeks almost 11 and will see my doctor Monday for my first appointment .... some days I hardly feel symptoms and even days I do it’s not super intense or anything . I’ve tested on and off and it’s been positive and the test line is darker than the control .... have one more test a clear blue not the week guess one couldn’t find it ... may test before Monday’s appt. I read online some women have gotten ultrasounds and the doctor said they miscarried like no heart beat and but they haven’t had bleeding or anything ... worries me

I know it's easier said than done, but TRY NOT TO WORRY! Your body is more amazing than you may think. It knows what it's doing and will take care of you and baby whether you worry about it or not. Just trust your body.

My insurance does not provide a scan until after 10 weeks, so I'm in a similar situation. I'll have my first scan at 11 weeks. We all worry, but it doesn't change anything. Think positive, imagine your baby's heart beating away and think peaceful thoughts of a perfect scan.

Many women do experience missed miscarriages without symptoms, but SO many more experience successful pregnancies! We just don't hear about them as often because they are out enjoying their pregnancies.

If the scan doesn't provide good news, cross that bridge when it comes. Visit the forums and share with other ladies' who have experienced or are experiencing loss. This place is a great support network.

The thing about stories you read online is this- people are more likely to write about their negative experiences than their positive experiences. This concept is accurate across all human experiences.

If something goes well, we are content and at peace. When something goes wrong, it upsets the balance and we feel the need to seek comfort or warn others.

Missed miscarriages are uncommon. In my own personal experiences, all three of my losses were full, spontaneous miscarriages.

In the early weeks of pregnancy, it is very common to have symptoms come and go. There are some that even won't show up until you're getting towards the end of your pregnancy.

As Hickory said, try not to worry. Pregnancy is full of so many uncertainties but as long as you are in good health and everything is proceeding normally you can be at ease. :)

I would try not to worry. My friend is 14 weeks pregnant and she hasn't had a single symptom. Not even the slightest nausea. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and feel rough as hell. Constant nausea, headaches, exhausted and my nipples are killing me. Everyone is different luv. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had zero symptoms too. Xx

Thanks for the reassurance ... also it’s just cause I’m also more over weight than I was last pregnancy .. like 40-50 lbs more and I worry of issues coming up

I can definitely understand that. I am not particularly light myself. My doctors have always made weight comments but I have never had gestational diabetes. I think it matters more on how you care for yourself.

Yeah I will do my best to exercise more and eat healthier .. hope that helps

Try not to worry, like PP said, more people post about the bad stuff.
I didn't get to see baby until 11 weeks, and I was a bit worried. But baby was in there dancing around with a beautiful heartbeat.
Today I had my first appointment, and they gave me a neat book about pregnancy, nurse said, and I quote 'if you have questions and you can't find it here, call us anytime and on call doctor will get right back to you, stay off google!'
I agreed. Then said this was round 3, I got this!

Gestational diabetes is not always about your weight. I'm not overweight and I've had it last pregnancy, will probably have it this pregnancy too. For example, I look white because of my dad but I'm actually partially Native American (Lakota Sioux). My grandmother is full-blooded and she has Type 2 diabetes. Not to mention I gain weight quickly during pregnancy and lose it quickly after. Not saying you shouldn't be concerned about your weight or eating healthier but just pointing out that being overweight is not always the cause of gestational diabetes.

I wouldn't worry with my first I had pretty much no symptoms. This time I have so many so strong. Both have so far been very healthy! Your test being so strong is a good sign too!

Oh yeah and I also forgot to add as far as symptoms go, I've had no symptoms this pregnancy hardly at all and with my first two they were full-blown. If you continue to have hardly any symptoms, you'll feel much better once you can feel baby kicking around. I can't tell you how many pregnancy tests I took just to make sure I was still pregnant.

Thanks everyone for the info and reassurance... I’m just the heaviest I’ve ever been right now and had gd before and don’t wanna have it this time or deliver early from being over weight ... and my bp was 123/80 last visit . I slept bad and felt nervous I don’t know if that makes a diff

:hugs: GD is definitely tough. I hope it skips you this time. I'm no Dr but your bp looks good to me. Hope your anxiety calms down and you get your much needed sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->