Reading OPK assistance pretty please

waiting2c

Reaction score
HI Ladies

Posted this in ovulation tests but I am not sure if people read those or not as there were several threads with no replies.

Just trying to figure out how to read these, this is fourth month using them and basically am yet to ever see anything that I would class as positive (based on seeing super dark lines on threads in here)

My morning ones seem to be getting darker but any taken at any point of the day other than this are light again.

I really would like to figure out when I am ovulating as past two months based on AF I have ovulated a lot later than I thought.

Have cramping, bloating and pimples at the moment so would have said I was but not sure the OPKs line up.

Have BD Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights (is Friday morning here now)

Attachments

• OPKS.jpg
    OPKS.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 15
None of those is positive, sorry!

It's better to test between 11 AM and 8 PM, consistently at the same time every day.

How long ago was your LMP? How long is your average cycle length? Are you temping or tracking your CM or cervix position?

Thanks for your reply! Since then have had positive ones, although now have second day in a row, not sure when that means ovulation will be.

Attachments

• 2708.jpg
    2708.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 8
Saturday looks like your positive -- Sunday is close, but not quite. Ovulation usually occurs 12-36 hours after a positive. If you're temping, you'll see a temperature dip on the day you ovulate, followed by higher temperatures post-ovulation. If you check your cervix, it should close up right after ovulation. And if you're checking cervical mucous, you'll generally stop experiencing fertile CM (watery or eggwhite) post-ovulation. The quick-and-dirty way is to just assume ovulation is the day after a positive OPK, but it really helps to use another method to confirm. :)

Thank you so much!!

Not temping or checking position of cervix but will try to do both of these as well as opk if this isn't the month

I like to use the app FertilityFriend to track my fertility signs. It can estimate your date of ovulation when you're not sure. :)

Good luck, and lots of baby dust to you!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->