Reading threads and worrying

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
I've done three tests and all positive, always thought when I got pregnant again I wouldn't worry so much before the 12 weeks but reading posts makes me a lol uneasy.

I know everyone is different but reading other people's posts has made me a lil edgy. I'm probably about 5 weeks maybe more as my lay period only lasted two days my boobs have been really sore but today not so much and I've had really runny tummy (sorry tmi) put thr down to antibiotics but now I've stopped them not so sure. Any who I'm just rambling really because if I said anything to oh he's just say don't worry everything will be fine lol.

Sorry for my ramblings lol xxx

You have to remember a golden rule with the Internet.. Often people come on here for extra support. This could be because they have had previous miscarriages, fertility problems, high risk pregnancies or many other problems. Often if everything is going well people don't need to post. Therefore you will often get a skewed view on pregnancy.
Think of going to a new restaurant, if you meal was nice you would think 'oh that was a nice evening', you may tell a few people if they asked, but if you had a horrible evening, bad food poor service etc, you are likely to tell everyone you know! It's similar here.
Don't get me wrong i LOVE this forum, it can be really helpful if you are feeling down or nervous about something, but don't take in all of what you read. If you are worried about miscarriage for instance, don't read all the threads on miscarriage. Otherwise you will just think to yourself 'that could be me, I had that symptom', when in reality everything is fine. It's natural to worry but spending all your time reading up on things that 'could' go wrong will mean you are not enjoying what you have right now. Chances are everything will be fine so relax and enjoy!
Happy and healthy nine months to you xx

I'll second that. :) forum is brilliant but probably best to
Steer clear of certain threads if you are worried x

Thank you ladies, didn't think I would be worried this time around but apparently I was wrong xx

You have to remember a golden rule with the Internet.. Often people come on here for extra support. This could be because they have had previous miscarriages, fertility problems, high risk pregnancies or many other problems. Often if everything is going well people don't need to post. Therefore you will often get a skewed view on pregnancy.
Think of going to a new restaurant, if you meal was nice you would think 'oh that was a nice evening', you may tell a few people if they asked, but if you had a horrible evening, bad food poor service etc, you are likely to tell everyone you know! It's similar here.
Don't get me wrong i LOVE this forum, it can be really helpful if you are feeling down or nervous about something, but don't take in all of what you read. If you are worried about miscarriage for instance, don't read all the threads on miscarriage. Otherwise you will just think to yourself 'that could be me, I had that symptom', when in reality everything is fine. It's natural to worry but spending all your time reading up on things that 'could' go wrong will mean you are not enjoying what you have right now. Chances are everything will be fine so relax and enjoy!

Very well said!!!

I agree with Bonnie11 - That is a lesson I am learning too. Ever since I joined this forum I read all the posts about ectopic pregnancy, miscarriages, blighted ovum and then when I have 1 or 2 possible symptoms I start freaking out.

Too much knowledge can be evil. LOL

I'm over 13 weeks and still worrying, i don't think the fear every goes away but take the other posts with a pinch of salt and try not to acknowledge them! If you do it you will be endlessly worrying about everything!

Ooooh my, I am guilty as charged with the internet forum stress as well! I have had previous losses, so I found myself gravitating towards those forums...BIG mistake. Although it is so wonderful that every woman has a place to go and share her experiences, it almost has me convinced that I will miscarry, and any given moment. Every week I get through, I have a quick sigh of relief, then the worry starts again! What I've found, is; more often than not, people are more willing to share a negative experience, over a positive experience. So now, I don't let myself go to the loss sections, only the first trimester (soon to be second).
I just feel as though, I do enough worrying on my own, every minute of every day. I don't need any other influence to add to it!

anyone expecting if going to worry...of course.

Thank you so much for this! I really, really, really needed to hear this right now :hugs: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->