Reading To Babies

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Just want to know of any of you read to your babies (not toddlers)

I started reading at night to Maya at 3 weeks. I know she doesn't understand but I want books to be a big part of her life as I love reading. She seems to enjoy hearing my voice droaning on!

But......so many people laugh at me when I say I read to her at such a young age!! I want to know i'm not alone and it'd normal!!

I would love to read a book to Morgan, but she won't sit still for long enough!! So instead, I make up stories sometimes while I'm feeding her!

When I was a new babe, my mum used to read the newspaper to me, and by the time I was 2 years old, I could read it myself!!!
:rofl:

Lol yeh Maya drifted off tonight during the Nutty Nut Chase!!

Wasn't impressed as we were at the climax! Is it sad to admit I carried on for my own enjoyment? :blush:

I read ally peepo baby when he was awake for all of 5 mins earlier!

I definitely plan to! I love reading,I love books and even though she doesn't understand me technically I think in a way it sips into her subconscience (the same way people play Mozart to their babies,except I find HIM very annoying :lol:)

I definitely plan to! I love reading,I love books and even though she doesn't understand me technically I think in a way it sips into her subconscience (the same way people play Mozart to their babies,except I find HIM very annoying :lol:)

This is what I think aswell

I think if you introduce books early then our LOs will grow up to think it's the norm to read all the time :)

I was read to very early on & honestly im constantly reading!!

We've always read to our LOs. When they were very small we used to read something short like a poem because they'd be asleep by the end of it. My favourite was If by Rudyard Kipling. https://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm

Now we can read a whole story which is great. DH is reading Thomas the Tank Engine and I'm working my way through Pooh Bear now that I've finished Charlotte's web. (No prizes for guessing why we chose those books!).

We also have lots of board books in their toy box and they love to "read" during the day too. I think the early reading thing is paying off already.

We have always read to Jack since he was around 1 month old. In my mind it gets him ready for when he is older, he knows it's bath story and bed. At least that's how we are hoping it will go :D

We've read to Brayden every night since 16 weeks preggo - Ive started reading to him during the day now, too, and he's starting to grab for/eat the books. It's so cute! Ive got a few good ones - a Baby Einstein "Mirror Me" book that has mirrors on every other page and a Baby Einstein "Farm Animal Touch and Feel" book that he likes, too. Oh, and one with a squeaky hippo that he likes to punch.

Star

i'd love to read to savannah, what books do u read? I was considering reading books I'd normally read, but should I use childrens books instead?

I would love to read magazines / newspaper to my little one, but I don't stand much chance as his latest trick is shreading magazines etc. He can amuse himself for ages with a mag. I don't want to sit at a distance and read as it kinda spoils the point. Guess I'll just have to get some hard cover books

Skyler does not seem to be that interested. He likes active play.He rarely sits still.

we've been reading to our LO for about 4 weeks or so now. she seems to enjoy it and i agree, i love it too. we've just finished winnie the pooh helen, it was just too short stories - when tigger lost his bounce and when pooh went visiting, we love them :rofl:
we're going to move onto the classic stories now, like the three little pigs. i can't wait to get on to roald dahl, he's my favourite children's author and later on, harry potter. i'm quite excited about this now :blush: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->