Ready to kick this week out!

stucknthecity

Pregnant with # 1 !
Reaction score
Blah it has been and is going to continue to be a long week!:coffee:

Our office manager/secretary was out sick on Monday with blood pressure issues and then Tuesday morning she got in a pretty bad car wreck so she will be out for about the next two weeks. Our warehouse manager is out with the flu all week and one of the new hires in the warehouse was a no call no show on Monday and Tuesday so he is out! This left our warehouse in a crisis so our Branch manager has been out in the warehouse since Monday and has decided to recruit our inside sales personnel to work out in the warehouse with him this week to get it reorganized and to help since we are short handed. :wacko:

This leaves me in the office mostly alone all day with a phone that rings 6 times in 10 seconds since we have 6 open lines. I cannot get up to go pee since I need to answer the phone, I cannot leave for lunch and it just so happens I forgot my lunch today. I cannot even step outside for some fresh air when things get hectic! To add to the stress when I page the intercom out into the warehouse for people to pick up there phone calls they never do!! So now I have to deal with the pissed off customer who has called three times already today to speak to the same person who has blown off the phone call three times! They think that because they are out there they don't have to answer!:growlmad:

As I am typing this one of the inside sales people has just returned from the sandwich shop and said she will not be answering the phone while she eats her lunch for 30 min while I do not get to take on at all!! Yesterday my lunch consisted of a can of spaghettios a peanut butter sandwich and some pickles and I had to fly through it while answering the phone as well. In three the minutes the other two sales people will leave for lunch and be gone for an hour and again leave me here. My the time they get back it will be around 1 in the afternoon and I will have to wait until god only knows when to go eat since they will return to the warehouse to continue reorganizing and I will sit here hungry and having to pee until I clock out and go home at 5. :gun:

:growlmad:Grr! That sounds rubbish, I'm sure that's illegal for you not to be allowed bathroom breaks, I think if it were me I would have to leave the phone ringing every now and again and just go!

Your manager should arrange cover for you so you can get some lunch, either that or divert calls to an answering service, hope they sort something out soon :flower:

It's illegal not to give you a bathroom break or a lunch break.

If you have to pee- go pee! Someone will pick up the phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->