Ready to move to IVF after miscarriage

Nolimitxox

Mama at last
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Jill (27 years old) and I've been browsing these forums for about 5 years. Very useful for information and other peoples stories. I'm posting today because I have just about had enough of this TTC process, and we are moving into IVF upon my next day 1.

My husband and I are seemingly healthy people, not overweight or have any long term issues. At the start of TTCing back in 2009 we were hopeful like any couple, hopeful that it wouldn't happen immediately so we could have some "fun". UGH! After a year and a half we decided to sit down with an RE. We were given information that everything going on with me was fine, a little lower progesterone than they would like but nothing that would prevent a pregnancy from sustaining itself, and male factor was a lower than desired morphology, again nothing that would prevent pregnancy.

Fast forward another 2 years, we have now been TTCing for 3.5 years without luck. We both lost our insurance so there is no trip to the doctors until 5 years.

5 Years TTC we were able to see a new RE who did some repeat tests. We found out I have a thyroid issue, hypothyroidism specifically. We had my primary run some more tests to confirm and it turns out I've had Hashimotos this entire time. I am now currently on levothyroxin. My thyroid is currently very healthy, but I am still very much positive in thyroid antibodies. Skip ahead by 7 months or so, with 3 times repeated day 3 tests, 2 HSG tests, I have a blocked tube. They don't know why. I'm pretty positive I suffered an early miscarriage back in 2011, perhaps it was eptopic, causing a build up of scar tissue in the tube. After all is said and done, my FSH is elevated, my LH is very low, my AMH is shockingly low, my AFC is less than 5, and ovarian assessment reports scored me a 3. Conclusion: I am suffering from a diminished ovarian reserve, which goes hand in hand with my 23-24 day cycles, down from 31 days 6 years earlier. Husband is working with well below average numbers across the board. He is currently seeing a urologist, will update when we have some information.

February of this year, I went in for Laparoscopic surgery to check for endo and to clear out my blocked tube. Endo free, tube is now clear. We are waiting to start IVF in April. I had to wait one full cycle before starting after surgery (I love my RE, hes awesome!). My period never came, and my husband and I were elated to have a positive pregnancy mid April. Probably the happiest moment in my entire life. My OB was very accommodating with my requests for blood tests to ensure HCG was rising properly and early ultrasound, and I was lucky enough to get to see my baby at 6 weeks. Measured 6 weeks and 3 days. Unfortunately that was the last time I was going to see my child. We went for a repeat ultrasound to find a heart beat 10 days later, and found out that my baby had died shortly after my first ultrasound. We moved forward with a medically assisted miscarriage at what would have been almost 9 weeks. I am now almost 2 weeks post-miscarriage.

My husband and I are kind of lost on what to do. I know with my diagnosis, we have thyroid antibodies to worry about, we do not have a significant chance of success with IVF, but we also have a much higher risk of miscarriage should it be successful. And I honestly don't think I could handle it again. I haven't even fully recovered from it yet. Half of me is ready to just go to IVF, and do whatever it takes, and the other half of me just can't bare the thought of losing another child.

Thoughts? Stories? Anything right now is greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry for your loss and the journey you have had so far. I had a loss at 10 weeks also and it was by far the absolutely worst thing I have ever experienced. It took me a while to heal physically and mentally which was also very hard because I just wanted to get back to being pregnant ASAP. I am currently undergoing IVF myself mainly because I got so tired of all the waiting and uncertainties we had with iui. It is such a personal decision but I am so happy I am doing IVF. If you are interested maybe do an initial consult with an re and talk to them about your antibodies so when you are ready (whenever that time is) you will be armed with information and a game plan. I would say make sure to take some time to heal (even though taking time just plain sucks). Best of luck!

I'm currently working with the same RE as before, just waiting on day 1. Thanks for sharing your story. Where are you in your IVF cycle?

We are right in the thick of it right now. We are hoping to get a great day 5 report tomorrow. It is so stressful all the waiting, but I do not regret it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->