Real Crappy Day Yesterday

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by littlemansmum, Apr 17, 2009.

1. littlemansmum

littlemansmum Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x

I had the worst day yesterday, was on the way out to have GTT yesterday with my mum and my son and she had a fall in our communal porch, she hurt herself quite badly won't go into details as was VERY gruesome and kept me awake last night.
    Anyway, she fell on my son, so had to get them both to A&E and cancel GTT on way, once my hubby arrived and took control i went to pieces and went into shock.
    At the hospital there was mum getting a surgical orthopaedic consult, my son being checked for broken bones and concussion and me checked as in shock and having tummy pains.
    Mum ended up being admitted and having surgery to repair her injury, my son was diagnosed with concussion and monitored for a bit, i was checked by a doctor who then grabbed a midwife who used doppler and palpated me and then promptly told me to leave the hospital.
    ''You're a fat girl, previous c-section, breech baby, 28 weeks and i can feel contractions we are not equipped for you here, leave and go to the hospital you are booked in''
    Was in a state of bloody shock, went to check on mum on my way out and then use the loo, noticed a bit of brown cm (tmi, sorry) on my pad and as i wiped could there was like jelly on the paper.
    Phoned the hospital i am booked with who said you've had a bad day, rest and call us later if you need to come in, i said wanted appt to be seen and would cancel if i felt better, this was at 12pm, was told 4pm was earliest could go in.
    Went home and rested and had pains go into my back as well, and more jelly on wiping, so went in for 4pm, was seen at 4.30 and put on ccg machine, and then left for hour and a half alone, hubby was with me but as our little man was with us and being grumpy he waited outside bless him.
    When they eventually checked on me, i had been having contractions register but they had given off, so they asked me to waitand see doc, and in the meantime tested urine which had protein in and then left me for another hour waiting for doc.
    Doc came and was very good, examined and said contractions had stopped and waters in tact but losing plug so she said she was going to keep me in on bed rest until monday, but i asked to come home as i would get more attention as the mw's were obvioulsy very busy she reluctantly agreed as long as i stick to strict bed rest and go back if i get more contractions or plug loss.
    She hopes that by putting me on bed rest that plug will stabilise and stop coming out, here's hoping, have to be seen on wed for bloods and GTT and then be seen at clinic on Fri and have a scan as she feels baby is feeling big for time, worried by this as a mw told me this the other day as well, but gonna try and relax till scan.
    They aren't gonna give me steroids at this point, but am now considered a risk for ptl and have to be observed closely and hopefully i will get somewhere close to 37 weeks, but if it looks like it's moving along i will get steroids.

So that was my day from hell, my little man is now fine just bruised and my mum has now had her op and is in agony but better than she was and i am stuck in bed.

Sorry for ranting and rambling but had to get it out, thanks for reading xxx

2. Doublemints

Doublemints Well-Known Member

OMG...THAT DOES SOUND LiKE A BAD DAy. i HOPE iT GETS BETTER FOR yOU.

3. AngieBaby

AngieBaby Proud mummy of Sarah Mae

Hope you, your mum & your son are all well soon :hug: take care x

4. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Aw sweetie!! :hugs: what an eventful day!!!! You in your bed whilst typing this i hope! Pleased youre ok but mind and keep yourself relaxed and in bed or on the sofa atleast! :hug:

5. babycakes76

babycakes76 Well-Known Member

Oh no poor you - what a day from hell!
    My thoughts are with you just make sure you do keep resting x

6. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day! Rest up!:hug:

7. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Oh honey, what a day!!! I hope your mom is feeling better soon after her operation, and your son is okay too. Make sure you get your rest hun, and baby stays put!

xx
    :hugs:

8. Komatsu

Komatsu Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your horrible day . Wishing you the best .:hug: