"Real Food" for fertility?

Hickdaisy

Me: 22 DH: 31 TTC 2 yrs+
Reaction score
Everyone seems to say "eat what your grandparents ate", most of mine are passed away or have no memory of their diets back then... I think I get the idea that real food is anything that isn't processed life fruits, veggies, natural/wild meat, nuts, and whole grains. Right? I pretty much eat all of those food groups except I can't afford all natural meats :( also I wonder what kind of teas or drinks my ancestors drank? I am trying to cut out caffeine and sugars but it's a hard process lol! I love my coffee... I think everything we consume really affects our body in different ways. Also I'm just going crazy because the tww feels like two years ugh... Trying to keep myself busy. So I thought I'd focus on foods and drinks :)

what do y'all think about "Real Foods" for fertility?

I have mixed feelings about it... I was pregnant in May and I was eating anything I wanted, not eating clean or healthy but after I was pg I started to eat fruits/veggies, etc. But that pregnancy ended in MC.

Last month was our first cycle back trying and I was actually eating very very healthy... tons of protein and working out religiously every day. I think that actually might have hurt my chances with fertility? I am usually pretty healthy but I tend to eat a lot of sugars. I try to watch though. I do drink one cup of coffee almost every day. I used to exercise regularly but not for over a year so maybe the exercise and clean eating shocked my body? I think it depends on the person and what their body is used to.

I'm trying to eat healthy but I've been craving anything but... Lol usually I'm very healthy and conscious about my diet and exercise.. But this month (maybe it's psychological?) but I haven't been working out other than taking my pup for walks, I haven't been eating healthy like I used to, I've been caving in on my cravings which is not normal for me, but I figured since I got married I quit my job and my husband is working more so maybe it's just loneliness or boredom, but my stress level is wayyy down which is nice. But I know cravings can be a PMS symptom anyways. I don't want to do anything extremely different because I'm sure it does put your body in shock.

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage :( I know you'll get your sticky bean soon!

Sorry for your miscarriage :hugs:

I am trying to eat clean as well. We don't do organic meat (not readily available in my area) but switched to grass fed beef and non antibiotic or growth hormones chicken. We do eat organic eggs and organic milk. Take a look at the dirty dozen for organic foods and buy those organic (tomatoes, grapes, lettuce - google the list). I would love to remove processed food entirely but finding it difficult to give up some if my favs. Amy's brand has a lot of familiar foods and are usually 80% organic. I have also been taking a prenatal vitamin, added a fish oil capsule per day and trying to increase my sleep

I can't say this is having any effect on fertility but I'm sure the health benefits will help. When I conceived my son unexpectedly, I ate crappy food, smoked and drank alcohol and barely slept........ I was horrified when I found out I was pregnant because I felt I could have hurt him.

Just do your begs and be conscious of your choices. Eat real food, as close to their natural state as possible. Have you read making babies- a 3 month program for maximum fertility? I have just started and it gives pretty good tips based on your body. Check it out...kindle addition is available

I never changed my eating habits (although I eat well most of the time). I was eating the same stuff with DD than I was with my 2 miscarriages so I don't really think it makes a difference, although I would say that green tea gave me GREAT egg white cervical mucus:blush:

The books Nourishing Traditions and The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care by Sally Fallon Morell best describes this wholesome way of eating. Also check out www.westonaprice.org

From westonaprice.org

1. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.

2. Eat beef, lamb, game, organ meats, poultry and eggs from pasture-fed animals.

3. Eat wild fish (not farm-raised) and shellfish from unpolluted waters.

4. Eat full-fat milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as raw milk, whole yogurt, kefir, cultured butter, whole raw cheeses and fresh and sour cream. (Imported cheeses that say “milk” or “fresh milk” on the label are raw.)

5. Use animal fats, especially butter, liberally.

6. Use traditional vegetable oils only: extra virgin olive oil, expeller-expressed sesame oil, small amounts of expeller-expressed flax oil, and the tropical oils (coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil).

7. Take cod liver oil regularly to provide at least 10,000 IU vitamin A and 1,000 IU vitamin D per day.

8. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables – preferably organic – in salads and soups, or lightly steamed with butter.

9. Use whole grains, legumes and nuts that have been properly prepared by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic acid, enzyme inhibitors and other anti-nutrients.

10. Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables, fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular basis.

11. Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb and fish and use liberally in soups, stews, gravies and sauces.

12. Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.

13. Use unrefined salt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation.

14. Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and a small amount of expeller-expressed flax oil.

15. Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey, maple syrup, maple sugar, date sugar, dehydrated cane sugar juice (sold as Rapadura) and stevia powder.

16. Use only unpasteurized wine or beer in strict moderation with meals.

17. Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.

18. Use only natural, food-based supplements.

19. Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light.

20. Think positive thoughts and practice forgiveness.

The books are full of scientific evidence of the superiority of this diet and why our modern denatured foods cause illness,infertility, and ultimately death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->