Really anxious!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Cattia, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I just got my BFP on Thursday so I am not even 5 weeks yet. I am so pleased to be pregnant but I had no idea that I would experience this level of anxiety! I am so afraid that the pregnancy is not going to work out and everything I read online seems to be about people who have lost their babies, which is awful and so sad. I know it is crazy to be preoccupied with these negative thoughts at a time that should be happy but it just seems like the first trimester is sooooo long and there is no real way to know if things are going well or not. I am constantly worrying about symptoms too, when I first found out, about the time that AF was due, I had some cramping, but that has pretty much gone now. My breasts are sore but only if I poke them and apart from that I feel totally normal. Gosh I soooo wish I could fast forward 9 months already! I am sorry to post something so negative and I hope I don't sound ungrateful, I really am delighted to be pregnant but I suppose I am afriad it is too good to be true!

Cat

2. colsy

colsy Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns

Hello Cattia, and welcome. The thing is with looking online for info - generally people tend to write about their bad things far more than their good experiences, mainly because when they're having good, happy times they don't feel the need to discuss it ... but of course when something bad happens, they want to talk about it with other people. Which means there are far more "bad stories" than "good stories" on the internet, even though far more good things than bad things actually happen.

Sorry, that's a right mouthful, but I hope you see what I mean.

Congratulations on your BFP and I wish you a happy and successful pregnancy. xx

3. bloodbinds

Oh darling, i'm right there with you. It's a very scary time, but we're all in it together! Never forget that you are not alone, and we're all feeling the same things, same fears, it's horrible. But if you talk about it and relate then usually we can calm your fears. Hope you're alright. xx

4. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

We are with you honey, i know the feeling of wishing your life away!!! :D

Roll on 13 weeks, roll on 20 weeks, then roll on baby being born!!

xx

5. lucilou

lucilou Cooking again!

it doesn't help that the NHS leave you completely to your own devices for almost the whole of 1st tri! Unless you have problems, that is.

I'm 13 weeks and I've only had one midwife appointment to take bloods and fill in forms (around 10 weeks), and no scan yet. I got a bfp at 5 weeks and time has seriously dragged since then! It all comes round eventually though...

hang in there...

6. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

sweetie i am in the same boat i am only 4 weeks and 2 days i think...but i have no symptoms beside the BFP sticks i have i will not know i am pregnant !!

meeting my doc on friday so they will let me know what next!

7. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I'm the same if that helps. I still don't beleive the little white sticks and when I went to the doctors today, they did NOTHING but relay information that I already knew re: food, exercise, folic acid etc. Was so disappointed when I came out and apparently theres a long waiting list at the hospital for my scan so I could be waiting another 8 weeks!

I don't have any symptoms either. Was feeling bloated which was semi-comforting, but that went away today! I can't settle at all and I have anotehr 8 weeks of this arrrrghhh!

Phew... :)

8. chickie_115

chickie_115 mum of 1 and stepmum to 2

LOL, looks like we're all feeling a little nervous!
    My sis is overdue just now and I just got my :bfp: last wk and i've been quizzin her daily about what shoulod be happenin lol,
    :happydance:roll on the symptoms lol:happydance:

9. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd see the day when I actually want to be sick :)

10. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

yeah were all in the smae boat, i cant wait until i get into the 2nd trimester, but know i wont be able to relx until a healthy baby is placed in my arms!

the uk is the worse for pre-natal care, especially this early, i had a threntend miscarraige last week and although things are fine now its was really scary, then yesterday i fell down the stairs and i still cant get to see a doctor until the 16th!

couldnt believe it thought i would have had my scan by then! but by the sounds of it i will be lucky to get it my the time i get into my 2 trimester!

its like colsy said though people write about bad exeriences more than good, and although none of us know what will happen its best to try and stay postive and look forward to our little goals.

11. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

It seems from reading on here that care is better in Scotland than it is in England. Maybe we should all move!:rofl:

I just WISH that I felt ill or something. Right now I would give anything to be bent over the loo feeling sick. There is no way of kowing whether the little bean is still there or not :(

I went to my doctor yesterday too and was basically told 'see you in another 8 weeks'. :hissy:

I was wondering whether it is worth paying for a private scan. Anyone have any idea how much they cost? Chances are I wouldn't be able to afford it. Right now I feel I would pay any money to get some idea that things are OK!

Thanks for your replies ladies, it is reassuring to know that I am not alone in feeling these doubts.

Cat
    x

12. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

i am in scotland, and although i was told i would get one i cant even get to see my GP for over a week!

i was tempted to pay for an early scanm they cost about £90 but there is no where near me that does them! :'(

good luck and i am sure things will be fine!

13. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

Dont worry too much hun, enjoy the lack of symptoms now as they may just hit you hard in a week or two! But then again, you might not get anything!
    I've been lucky and managed to see the MW last week and I'm having a dating scan on 17th but that's cos they need to know how far gone I am so they can get the nuchal scan done.

14. princess_t

princess_t Proud mom of 1

Congrats on all ur bfp ladies.

15. babystar

babystar Guest

:hugs: congrats ...we all feel anxious :) :hugs:

16. Wendyk07

Wendyk07 Mummy to Derrin and PAL

Congratulations on your :bfp: hun

I read a lot of the negative stuff online as well. I work in a hospital and popped in to see a midwife on Wednesday. I was in the area, didnt have an appointment but i do know a few of them. She put a lot of my concerns to rest and told me that i should be happy just now and to stop reading. There is over 50 births per week where i work so she told me to focus on that. I've had my GP appt and he has referred me to the Midwifes so am just waiting on the appointment. I do think though that i will pay for a private scan at 8 weeks.

:hug: