Really bad headaches & low blood pressure

MrsPhillips

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced bad headaches during pregnancy? I have the ones where I feel the pressure is behind my eyes. When I get up I feel dizzy and sweaty and then start to be sick especially first thing in the morning. It was so bad this morning I couldnt go into work.

I thought with all the stress I have been under recently (In 4 weeks my grandpa died, then Mum in Law was diagnosed with cancer, died 10 days later and hubby is very down) I thought my BP would be skyhigh. I went to Lloyds pharmacy and they checked BP. It was 72/53 so very low. Luckily the doctors surgery had a space to see Midwife today instead of planned appt next week.

MW said that headaches were very common in PG and although I really like her I walked out thinking I was no better off knowing how to deal with them. My BP had raised to 102/78 when I saw her and she said to have 2 weeks off which from sat I have 2 weeks hol from work anyway.

Can anyone suggest anything for the headaches? I'm still suffering tonight. I'm drinking more than ever to make sure its not dehydration and have had a few cups of coffee to make sure its not caffeine withdrawl. Any help would be gratefully appreciated XXX

Aw hun, I suffer dreadfully with dizzy spells and bad headaches and then feverish. It's really strange and quite distressing eh.
Normally I put up with it at work, take a paracetamol and drink loads of water - which ends up in me spendin all day peein but heyho.
When I get home though it's a bubbly bath, with a wet cold flannel accross my head, then feet up and rest as much as possible, I know it's hard to sometimes but I find if I just turn off and go to my happy place with a cold compress my headaches soon fade and I feel a lot better for it. Have to tried massages? and sitting with your head supported?
Hope you find a happy medium hun xxx

*nods*

I got regular headaches pre-pregnancy, but I definitely get them more now and a lot more intense - for the dizziness / sick feeling getting out of bed - I have crackers next to me... I eat a couple before getting up and then get up slowly which seems to help.

for the headaches.. sometimes nothing but a tylenol + bed will do. but a cold cloth on the back of my neck, cold eye mask, and soaking my feet in my footbath w/ very warm (almost hot) water w/ lavender will do the trick most times.

hope things start to look up for you - everything bad always seems to hit at once :hugs:

I've had really bad headaches too,enough to put me in bed with the lights off for hours. Mix that with morning sickness all day and my first trimester was pretty much miserable. I wouldn't worry too much about it, my doctor told me it was common.

Aw hun, I suffer dreadfully with dizzy spells and bad headaches and then feverish. It's really strange and quite distressing eh.
Normally I put up with it at work, take a paracetamol and drink loads of water - which ends up in me spendin all day peein but heyho.
When I get home though it's a bubbly bath, with a wet cold flannel accross my head, then feet up and rest as much as possible, I know it's hard to sometimes but I find if I just turn off and go to my happy place with a cold compress my headaches soon fade and I feel a lot better for it. Have to tried massages? and sitting with your head supported?
Hope you find a happy medium hun xxx

Hi
I havent tried massages but will give them ago aswell as I might get some lavender oil tomorrow. Am willing to give anything a try now! Will try sleeping on the big pillow tonight, see if that makes any difference xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"