Really Bad Headaches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by xXBabyJadeXx, Oct 6, 2013.

1. xXBabyJadeXx

xXBabyJadeXx Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone else around 13-14 weeks has suffered with really bad headaches, normally i get 1-2 headaches every couple of months but have had 2 in the past week where i feel like hitting my head off a brick wall. Sitting with the telly off, in the dark atm.

I developed pre-eclampsia with my daughter so am paranoid it is my blood pressure, as it is worse if i do activity and excrutiating if i bend down to pick something up.

Any ideas anyone?

2. imaswimmer2

imaswimmer2 Well-Known Member

I had bad headaches with my first for a couple weeks. When I thought back to when they started, I realized it coincided with the time my job (food retailer) came back out with a specific sandwich I was eating everyday. It was the salt! As soon as I stopped eating the salty product, the headaches went away.

3. xXBabyJadeXx

xXBabyJadeXx Well-Known Member

The only thing ive worked out with mine so far, is that they start around 3pm and get worse and hit the worst around 7 to 9pm xx

4. Nicole_E

Nicole_E Well-Known Member

I get them too, what I think is causing them for me is cutting down on caffeine. My OBGYN told me to try sipping on Mountain Dew throughout the day (only if I have a headache; not every day) because it has more caffeine than other sodas. So far it is actually working!

5. bluelilly72

bluelilly72 Well-Known Member

I got them in the beginning about 5 weeks but they have gone now :)