really bad indigestion at night

ewoklets

SAHM to BD :)
Reaction score
does anyone have any tips for reducing indigestion/heart burn at night? i wake up some nights and the heart burn is so bad i feel like being sick. i've slept propped up slightly but it doesn't seem to help. guess i might have to keep chugging the mylanta....

Hi ya, ive been suffering with this and heartburn especially at night time so i know exactly how you are feeling. I hate that sick feeling, when all you want to do is get some sleep!

Try not to eat late at night, and keep off the spicey or fatty foods as this makes it worse.

I'm going to ask my gp for some gaviscon when i next go in-everyone keeps saying its good (but expensive normally!).

keely.x

I keep a bottle of antacid by my bed and just take it as i need it.

For some reason sleeping on my left side helps me with the indigestion

I had this really really bad one night, to the point where I woke up in tears.

I first took some rolaids and they helped the actual acid reflux, but I still was having rib and chest pains.

I googled natural remedies and one person suggested a crunchy apple. I had one in the fridge and ate it, and it really did help.

I've found mine is always worse at night too. It helps I think to not eat anything too soon before bed and like the others were saying, keep some gavisgon next to your bed. I have some next to my bed, some in the kitchen and a packet of the gavisgon tablets in my bag!!

I get A LOT of heartburn and at times it makes me wanna cry :hissy:. I try a glass of nice cold milk first (seems to work most of the time). If milk doesn't do the job I then take Gaviscon as my midwife told me it is okay during pregnancy. I try the milk first though.

I hope you find something that works as heartburn is AWFUL!!!!!

xxxxx

I have no advice, everyone else has covered it. Keep your fluid levels up, up, up and milk is meant to help (I wouldn't know though as I hateeeeee milk).

I try to avoid eating ANYTHING at all in the last couple of hours before I go to bed and to stay sitting upright after you have last eaten - also glass of milk seems to help a lot x

Mm, I haven't got any suggestions other than Tums, I live in Canada though, not sure if they have it where you live? It's a chewable powdery-ish tablet that tastes GOOD and relieves heartburn and indigestion fast.:happydance:

does anyone have any tips for reducing indigestion/heart burn at night? i wake up some nights and the heart burn is so bad i feel like being sick. i've slept propped up slightly but it doesn't seem to help. guess i might have to keep chugging the mylanta....

Hiya, i've just recently started suffering from heartburn and i got some Rennie's that are chewy sweets and they are really nice which i was pleasently suprised about and they work for me although they where nearly three quid a packet!

I keep a box of Rennies in my handbag at all times. That helps for at work etc

Next to my bed is a bottle of Gaviscon. Freaking expensive but well worth it.

aniseed gavascon!! i lived on that in my 1st pregnancy, also cold milk helps and propped up pillows so ur not lying flat. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->