really bad nappy rash

kiri

Reaction score
hi was wondering if anyone can help me my 4 week old baby girl has really bad nappy rash its so red and it keeps bleedin we have been to the doctors 2 times now and it just ant geting any better.in my eyes its geting worser the creams we have tryed, emollient cream we was given by the doctor made it worse so we stoped that i went and got canesten cream still no change went back to the doctors he gave us timodine that just ant working at all he then tells me i have no ider why the 1st doctor gave us that screm he said that wil do nothing so i felt really bad for puting it on her cos it made it worse doctors r there to help there useless. all day yesterday we left her nappy off looked like it was geting better but nappy on her for bed changed her bum lots and started bleedin again done the same today left nappy off most of the day she wouldont settal keep screming put a nappy on her and she settaled.ant one got any advice please many thankes kiri

I would perseve with leaving her nappy off as much as you can and try using just water and cotton wool to clean her. Sorry the doctors havent been much help :hugs::hugs:

ya i have been doing all that just ant helping :( so anoying i carnt do nothing :(

my ds used to get rashes like that all of the time. it always turned out to be a yeast rash. he got his 1st one as a NB with in two days of using the yeast cream it was almost gone, try googling yeast diaper rash and see if your LO's looks like that.

Have you tried a different brand of nappy? My friends lo's couldn't use huggies because they came out in terrible rashes.

Try and leave the nappy off all day and then try a different brand at night. You have probably already tried it but Bepanthen works wonders with my lo.

Hope it gets better soon!

i swapped to cloth to avoid the constant rashes that the boys get with disposibles the chemicals in disposibles are horrid and although we are using them for ds1 at the moment since we are potty training anyway and if he does have an incident it totally would overflow a cloth nappy but i cant put sposies on ds2 more than once a day caus he gets such a bad rash from the chemicals being there.

id try changing nappy brands to an eco brand which have way less harmful chemicals in them,

My LO had a really sore nappy rash at 2 weeks old. (ETA: it was actually just the bit around his anus that was really red and raw; not sure where yours is). It just got worse and worse, we tried all sorts of creams and nothing would shift it. GP said it was thrush and gave us canesten but LO was pooing so much it didn't really have time to do the job before we had to clean it off!

The only thing that cleared it up was lots of nappy-free time, which was a nightmare because his pooing was so frequent. I just did nothing for a few days except keeping my LO's bottom dry. But a few days of that - and using the canesten straight after he'd done a big poo, hoping it'd give it an hour or two to work - and it started to improve.

Once the thrush (small red spots) had cleared up we used Bepanthen to get rid of the redness - it's nice because it soothes the redness but is also a barrier cream so that extra poo does not irritate the skin further. We now use Bepanthen at every change to keep the skin protected.

I hope it clears up ok for you, I know how horrible it is, I was in tears changing his nappies and felt so awful for him.

bepanthen works really well for us.. Laila rarely gets nappy rash but when she's teething it's horrendous.. bepanthen gets rid pretty much over night xx

she had it around the anus when we left the hospital the midwife said just use some sudo cream so we did then that started geting worser and now shes got it all over her bum it looks like someones spilt boiling hot water on it, shes had lots of nappy free time we have changed nappy brand...shes nw bk in nappy for bedtime befor puting it on was bledding again so if no better by morning i will take her back to docters she had it so long nw i dont no how she is puting up with it.she sleeping well at night which really is a suprise it looks so painfull....thanke you for your help :D

My LO has just recovered from a bout of very bad nappy rash, i tried all sorts of cream, bepanthen,metanium,boots own,ended up getting Timodene from Nurse but this made it ten times worse it was so bad i stopped using it after 2 days and ended up just plastering on sudocream and giving him plenty time without nappy and it's eventually healed up,took about 9 days to go away though! Poor wee man it was so upsetting he was in agony everytime i touched him to clean him up.

everyones going to laugh at me here! but when i was a baby i had bad bad nappy rash nothing would clear it up! then someone told my mum to whisk a egg white up! and put it on my bum and it worked! and i must admit when aidens bums really red thats what i do and it works wonders! i feel so silly know writing know :blush:

everyones going to laugh at me here! but when i was a baby i had bad bad nappy rash nothing would clear it up! then someone told my mum to whisk a egg white up! and put it on my bum and it worked! and i must admit when aidens bums really red thats what i do and it works wonders! i feel so silly know writing know :blush:

Lol i read that completely wrong and read it as "i whisk an egg white up and put it on my bum..and i must admit when aidens bums really red thats what i do" haha was sitting here all confused ..:blush:

haha oh god!!! i thought for a minute there a had typed it wrong as aidens been awake all day and his still laughing his head off know haha!

me too!!! of gob bnb cracks me up sometimes! well aidens off to sleep just gotta put him in his cot haha :)

I put sudocream on my LO at every nappy change and she has yet to have any nappy rash

I put sudocream on my LO at every nappy change and she has yet to have any nappy rash

Same here but i have heard from others going through the same thing that metanium works wonders with free nappy time.

Poor little mite:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->