Really bad period (tmi)

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Posted something similar in Health & Wellbeing but not got very many replies and thought more might see it in here.

I've always had relatively painful periods which i was put on the pill for about 4 or 5 years ago. Whilst i was still on the pill i noticed they were getting slowly more and more painful so i was taking those super strength feminax tablets. This month it's just so ridiculously painful that i've been stuck in bed for 2 days. It's also really really heavy, like i'm going through a super plus tampon and a pad in about 3 hours, and there's also loads of clots, some of them quite large (sorry for the tmi). Just wondered if this could at all be considered normal or if i should go see the docs and get it investigated if they think it necessary.

I tend to get really painful periods, with lots of clots and changing a pad about 8 times a day some months. Never really had to stay in bed with pains before and if that changed i think i would see the doctor about it.

Hi hun.

I also had a really bad AF this cycle was changing super duper strength tampons every 20 - 30 mins. I didnt go to the doc and it subsided after 24 hours or so. If you are worried you could try NHS direct.

Best of luck and hope that nasty :witch: buggers off soon

Thanks guys, i need to go to the doctors about something anyway so may just mention it whilst i'm there. Can't hurt really and then i'll just see what they say

Before I went on BCP that's the way my periods were too. My last period before I started taking BCP I actually had to go to the ER because of how bad the cramps were. The pain was so intense that it was actually causing me to throw up and black out. It felt like a jack hammer and been taken to my uterus.

Yeah mine used to be bad before i was on the pill, but then i was put on the pill to regulate them and that seemed to be working, but for the last 6-8 months i took it before i came off it they just seemed to be getting steadily worse. And this one is awful :(

That sounds quite bad - i would go to the doctors

I've made myself an appointment for 12 on friday. Unfortunately it's one of 3 things that i have to go about. Hope the docs don't mind me mentioning loads at once.

That happened to me once and my periods are normally painless last 2 days and very 'minimal'. That one time though, there was loads of massive clots. It really freaked me out at the time. I never went to the doctors though. I guess I was too shy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->