Really bad right rib pain :( !

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by A_Natasha, Apr 21, 2009.

1. A_Natasha

A_Natasha 3rd trimester baby #1 !

Hello Guys, any one else get this???:baby: i have had it on and of for about 2 weeks but its becoming really painful its a constant ache and i just cant get comfortable in any way !! its sorta working its way around my back ! :hissy:

2. junemomma09

Might be the baby stretching out...i get it at times when he shoves his feet up there....i just push his feet back down.

3. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

Yup i had it really bad, still do if i have a productive day where I try and do too much, mine started at about 28 weeks and only stopped about a week or 2 ago, you should get some relief when baby drops, I used to try and push him out but it didnt do a lot! most comfiest position I found when it was really bad is on all fours on the floor, If you got a birthing ball kneel down on the floor and cross your arms over the top of it to stretch yourself out a bit, hope that helps xxx

4. A_Natasha

A_Natasha 3rd trimester baby #1 !

thanks guys, just a bit concerned as i was in hospital last week for a week with high Blood pressure and alot of protein in my water which seems to be coming and going...im now on Blood pressure tablets which seem to be controlling the BP but still have the protein and they have sent of the urine and it has come back with no infection....but this pain in my right side just doesnt seem to shift...!

5. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Hey hunny you can get physio for this i got told what it is when i went to physio for SPD, your ribs join onto your spine and as the baby grows it pushes your ribs up and it begins to ache then the pressure on the front of your ribs affects the join at your spine, alot of women get it. My physio suggested warm soaks and a hot water bottle and also lay stretched out as much as possible to give bubs a bit more space and stop pushing on your ribs. Hope this helps xxx