Really cold weather...

MrsChamberlin

Mother of 3
Reaction score
What do you guys find yourselves doing when you need to get stuff done and it is really cold out... Right now in my area we are having -10 through -30 degree wind chills. I seriously need to go shopping, but feel guilty for taking baby out in this weather.

I'm in the same boat as you!!!
It's not quite -10 here - more like 0 to -5 (wait - was your temp in C or F LOL??) and I need to go over to the grocery store. I am thinking I will bundle LO up in his bear snowsuit and wear him, so he is warm and covered from the wind. We just moved to a crazy cold city (hope we're not here too long!) so I am going to have to get used to going out, or else will be trapped indoors until april...

It doesn't get that cold here, but when we were in Colorado when Hayden was younger we still did whatever we had to. I would either bundle him and wear him or put him in his car seat and then add lots of blankets tucked around him to keep him as warm as possible.

As said above, you can try online shopping, a lot of major super markets do this sort of thing now days but if you do want to go to the store... Dress your baby up nice and warm and put a rain cover over your pram to stop them nasty breezes hitting your baby.

If you are taking him in the car, just pre heat the car :).

It doesnt get that cold here, but if i need to go out i still do. I just wrap her up really well, as in long sleeved vest, babygrow, cardigan then coat or snowsuit with loads of blankets. I also put the raincover down to stop the wind getting on her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->