• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Really concerned!

I had chronic thrush after the birth of my son. OMG- I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It was SO bad that my partner and I gave it back to one another for years. Got tested for everything under the sun and all they could find was thrush. I tried every medication on the market, every homeopathic remedy I could find and suffered still. Finally when we split- it went away! I bet you it's similar to the thrush I had. Hang in there and see if you can abstain from sexy time for a while.

My symptoms have gone now... which happened to my friend!! Like she used a pessary and it didnt go away straight away and then kinda cleared up on her own! When the doc took a swab last time she said my area still looked quite angry and red but surely thats due to child birth?!? Im not having any discharge now either!!

I do hope it is routine etc... but Im glad Ive spoke to my OH about it! We have no secrets and I have asked him (cos obviously I would) and he told me straight that there hasnt been anyone else and I believe him!

Like you I think sometimes the medicines etc dont get rid of thrush completely and it just lightens the symptoms... it them come back again!!

Kerry, i asked my doctor about this because I told him I needed to get tested after I found out Adam was a freakin male whore during our relationship. He said that it doesn't usually affect the baby unless you have an outbreak during the birth. If its just latent then it shouldn't have affected Courtney! Hope that helps ease your mind a bit.

As for never ending thrush, apparently eating pro-biotic yogurt is supposed to help clear it up. My obgyn won't even give you any meds for thrush until you've eaten Activia twice a day for a week.

:hugs::hugs: aw hun you poor thing. good luck tomorrow hope your ok :hugs::hugs:

Aww hun I am sure its just a precaution xx Big hugs hun xx

Chlamydia is usually often mistaken for a bladder infection,it carries very little symptoms and a woman can carry it for a long time.
And can only in some cases lead to infertility later on and ectopic pregnancies.

Good luck testing hun,lots of luck! It's probably just precaution! :hug:

Both men and women can carry it for a long time without knowing. It is more harmful the long you have it as it can lead to PID which causes the infertility.

I got it when an ex cheated on me a long time ago, I made the clinic give me 3 different kinds of anti-biotics as I was so paranoid! And dumped that loosers ass... lol.. I also had a swab done at 16weeks for it.

Good luck Kerry, they are likely doing it just as a precaution to try and rule things out.

I had chronic thrush after the birth of my son. OMG- I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It was SO bad that my partner and I gave it back to one another for years. Got tested for everything under the sun and all they could find was thrush. I tried every medication on the market, every homeopathic remedy I could find and suffered still. Finally when we split- it went away! I bet you it's similar to the thrush I had. Hang in there and see if you can abstain from sexy time for a while.

My symptoms have gone now... which happened to my friend!! Like she used a pessary and it didnt go away straight away and then kinda cleared up on her own! When the doc took a swab last time she said my area still looked quite angry and red but surely thats due to child birth?!? Im not having any discharge now either!!

I do hope it is routine etc... but Im glad Ive spoke to my OH about it! We have no secrets and I have asked him (cos obviously I would) and he told me straight that there hasnt been anyone else and I believe him!

Like you I think sometimes the medicines etc dont get rid of thrush completely and it just lightens the symptoms... it them come back again!!

Glad you're feeling better hun and I agree with Rae- probiotic yogurt is great for keeping thrush away.

I am sure you do not have it and this is just to rule it out. You've really been through the wringer, haven't you?

Thrush can take a few treatments to clear up hun, I had to have 3 after I gave birth before it went away sp try not to worry too much! Defo worth getting checked though :)

Good luck

Now i dont know whether i can be tested tomorrow... on my bloody af!! Thought I was coming off and would def be off by friday but its lasting for bloody ever!!

Ill have to ring them in the morning and see what they say!

Thrush can take a few treatments to clear up hun, I had to have 3 after I gave birth before it went away sp try not to worry too much! Defo worth getting checked though :)

Good luck

Thanks thats good to know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"