really hoping someone can help me regarding my blood pressure

bobbles86

a little bit pregnant
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I have never had blood pressure at all not even in late pregnancy with both my boys and one of them was 10lbs 2, it still never rose.

I saw my midwife a few weeks ago and it was raised then, she took it when i first got there it was 140/94 then before i left it was 123/93, she asked me to see gp... but i didn't, i was scared they would hospitalise me... i have an autistic son and thats just not possible.

I went back yesterday for my next appointment. all fine until bp check... first reading was 144/101, second reading was 139/104. midwife freaked out and went off to get a doctor. he took me into a room had me lie on a couch and turned lights off...

he came back after 5-10mins and took it again... 122/85 :wacko:

what does all this mean??

i have to go back today for another reading.

kate xx

Well u know about the condition pre eclampsia in pregnancy. That is categorised by having high blood pressure. They should check ur urine for protein as well. My advice to you would be please don't ignore it. If u get any symptoms like severe headaches, excessive swelling or flashing lights in front of your eyes please ring the hospital and let them know.

thankyou for your reply, I definitely won't be ignoring it now, I'm scared to death for baby. :cry:

they did check my urine and it was clear, I'm wondering about the fact that it came right down after the doc left me in a dark room on a couch though. does that mean anything?

I have been having headaches, I had one a couple of weeks ago that just didnt go away for a full week :cry:

is there anything i can do to help bring bp down?

kate xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"